Does SBI accept dollars check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
I received an adbrite check which is in dollar, and I have an SBI account. Can I deposit the check to SBI? How much will they charge for conversion?

thanks

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
well, u cannot deposit an overseas cheque in an Indian bank afaik./. (i may be wrong)
if the cheque amt was converted to dollars (cash) and then to RUpees (cash) it is far easier..

and the exchange rate wud be USD $1=Rs.45.30 (as the exchange rate is always abit lower wen u giv Dollars to the bank./.) and it also depends on the daily Rs. VS USD rates (as given in newspapers) :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace...

----------

If they (the company from where u got the ceque) can deposit via online transfer then it is far better.. :) but then there isa risk of forgery and misplaced identity (if u are not aware of who the ppl are) if its a Rogue organisation, u can be a victim of phishing attack.. :) hope u understand the pros and cons of this.. :)
-----------

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, almost all banks including SBI will accept USD cheques. No problem.

Banks which will accept it for sure - Federal Bank, SBI, SBT (form my personal experience).

Actually these banks will accept all major currency cheques.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
my father is in bank..according to him, all banks are accepting it. and conversion price/cheque clearance price wont be too high as these are being done online now-a-days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom