Does ONLINE STREAMING of media reduce my download limit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkd903

Broken In
I have a MTNL Triband 400 MB download limit internet connection. I wanted to know whether online streaming will reduce my download limit (balance) ?

help req. urgent.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Of course it will.

When you listen to streaming media .. you actually download the song on the fly ..
data keeps getting downloaded .. and as soon as it's downloaded .. it's converted to audio.
Hence .. the bottomline .. it will reduce your balance.

-----
alibi

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
dkd903 said:
I have a MTNL Triband 400 MB download limit internet connection. I wanted to know whether online streaming will reduce my download limit (balance) ?

help req. urgent.
well it is the biggest consumer of ur limit after game download. even radio of launchcast takes up lot of data and video will take a lot more. for chking this open ur lan status and chk the data transferred. this will tell u how much u have consumed.

y2ki

Right off the assembly line

help req. urgent.

Yes Its Absolutely reduce you download limit
here is simple calculation
If you listening 128Kbps streaming. that means your PC transfer 128 Kilo byte data per second.
If you listen it for 1 minute (60 Seconds)
128 Kb X 60 Sec.= 7680 Kb (7.5 MB)

It takes 7.5 MB data transfer to listen 1 minute Streaming.
Now calucalte MTNL bill your self.

vinit suri

Broken In
Hey Y2ki dude...ur calculation is slightly wrong....when we say 128kbps we mean 128 kilo bits per second.........so 1 minute of listening to 128kbps streaming will download only
128*60=7680kb=7680/8 KB=960KB
ie =0.9375 MB...........;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom