Does msi 790gx support thuban????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
HEY GUYS I JUST HAD A QUERRY IN MY MIND REGARDING COMPATIBILITY ISSUES OF MSI 790GX WITH AMD THUBAN.... IN SOME THREADS I READ THAT IT DOESN'T SUPPOTR WHEREAS IN SOME IT WAS WRITTEN THAT IT WOULD SUPPORT AFTER A BIOS UPDATE WHICH WOULD BE RELEASED SOON.... PLEASE CLARIFY....:?::?::?::?::oops::oops::oops::oops:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HEY GUYS I JUST HAD A QUERRY IN MY MIND REGARDING COMPATIBILITY ISSUES OF MSI 790GX WITH AMD THUBAN.... IN SOME THREADS I READ THAT IT DOESN'T SUPPOTR WHEREAS IN SOME IT WAS WRITTEN THAT IT WOULD SUPPORT AFTER A BIOS UPDATE WHICH WOULD BE RELEASED SOON.... PLEASE CLARIFY....:?::?::?::?::oops::oops::oops::oops:

buddy, 1 very small request. type lower case man.

ok, as far as i know. AMD announced Thuban will run in 770, 780G, 785G, 790X, 790GX & even 790FX, provided they have the bare minimum TDP support. and most important is, if the board manufacturers release proper BIOS updates. your board is 790GX & it'll run. sure shot. just thing which you should be concerned is that MSI care to release a bios for your board.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^yes, thuban can run on 790GX. I think instead of MSI, Biostar will be cool. Cheap boards good performance with SLI on it.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....

will keep in mind....:smile:

and i also have 1 more querry.... thuban would initially be 140w.... does it mean that each board which supports 140w proccy supports thuban????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will keep in mind....:smile:

and i also have 1 more querry.... thuban would initially be 140w.... does it mean that each board which supports 140w proccy supports thuban????

thuban wil be 95W & 125W. not 140W. sorry my mistake. 95W will be X4's & couple of X6's also. AMD may initially release C2 revision Thuban @ 140W but C3 will surely be 95W&125W.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys just want to know if a socket am2 based asus m2a-vm can support the athlon 2 x4 630 cpu.

My brother needs to upgrade from his 4400+ cpu without changing the board.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
but my main querry is that is there any phenom or phenom 2 which goes to 140w??? if no then why are a no of boards 140w ready???? i think it straightaway means that a mobo supporting 140w proccy should support thuban.... or are there any 140w varients in phenom series yet to be showcased????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but my main querry is that is there any phenom or phenom 2 which goes to 140w??? if no then why are a no of boards 140w ready???? i think it straightaway means that a mobo supporting 140w proccy should support thuban.... or are there any 140w varients in phenom series yet to be showcased????

cause the not so World Famous Phenom II X4 965 BE C2 revision used to have a TDP of 140W. C3 is 125W. also rumors were Thuban will be 140W for the X6's (Thuban will be the codename for some X4's also). however the geniuses at Sunnyvale put the whole Thuban thing within a 125W (95W for a X6 maybe). also 140W was declared as maximum TDP. so anything having 140W TDP will support Phenom II X4 BEs.

pulsar_swift

Youngling

ok, as far as i know. AMD announced Thuban will run in 770, 780G, 785G, 790X, 790GX & even 790FX, provided they have the bare minimum TDP support. and most important is, if the board manufacturers release proper BIOS updates. your board is 790GX & it'll run. sure shot. just thing which you should be concerned is that MSI care to release a bios for your board.

Wow excellent news, i have ASUS M4A785TD V EVO with 130W TDP CPU support. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom