Does any body have bluetooth installed in their system......

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
how did u get 25 k .... I placed an order for 29,500 grants. .....

Then shud prbly go for the nokia set........ I havent owned a PDA , just very curious abt it ...... Does any body here have a PDA?

This 1 has a large screen - Nokia .... But its a little 2 big cos of the buldge on the sides , they cud have squared it up..... Anyway I'm happy abt it......

:D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Have you seen 9500 from nokia? IT's a sort of pda and mobile phone as well. IT has a hell lot of features!
Check out the review here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12807

And btwn, it costs rs. 40k

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Glanced thru it and shut it quickly cos I cant ever think how much I convinced my parents 2 buy this 1 ........ Just cos I got I grade in MBA , they intended on buying me that.........

Dude, have u used a PDA bfore or do u own any of them? How does it wrk compared 2 a smartphone?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I've got a Palm Tungsten T3 and I can tell you, its no substitute for a phone, which is why I have my Sony Ericsson T610. If there's one thing I've learned in all my life with gadgets, is to never substitute one device for another. A PDA is a great gadget to keep you organized on the move and to provide instant Internet connectivity, no matter where you are.
A smartphone on the other hand bundles everything in one package, from your phone to all your PDA functions, from syncing your calendar, tasks, appointments, notes, etc. and even takes care of your emails on the go. But its got its own share of problems. With a PDA, once you're done using it, you can shut if off and forget about it, which is something you cant do with a smartphone, because its also managing your calls. And since a smartphone uses color screens and a fast processor, the power drain on the batteries is significant and if you're a real power user you will be forced to look for electrical outlets wherever you go to charge it up. Of course, you can guess what will happen when you're stuck in a traffic jam, without a nearby power outlet, and working on a Word document, when your smartphone beeps to warn you of a low battery, and you know you're expecting a very, very, important call in the next half an hour. Bye, bye, call! :D
Get a Zire 72 and a good mid-range phone from either Nokia or Sony Ericsson instead of looking at the advanced Treos and the P910s. You will save yourself a lot of headaches in the long run.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Nice documentation to a query , might i say a tutorial..... U've just revamped my II or III sense ......

How many $$$$$ ( Rupee Range ) did the tung cost u.... I still have my T-610 which my bro uses it ... Its memory is just not enough abt 2mb...... Wht can u downlaod except for a few pics ......

Wht if the PDA gets busted , how much wud the parts cost for servicing here , is there a service centre for each of the brands here ..

Whts the color screen size 4 a PDA? It doesnt have edge BTW? Whts the memory like?

Can that be connected 2 a laptop ? Why wudnt people go 4 it since there are high end smart phones which cost the same compared 2 a PDA..... The guys who stay in the apartment have lots of these gizmos, but prefer smarts phns 2 PDA's

Tks......

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I got it as a birthday gift from a friend in the US, so no pricepoints I can give you, however, I think it retails for $250 to $350 at most stores in the US, so its cheaper than buying the Zire 21 here. :D
I was not talking about using the SE-T610 to store anything. I just use it as an address book, to remember extremely important events and as a simple phone with BlueTooth that I can connect to the Internet with and browse on the T3. Palm does have a couple of service centers here, but I have no idea how much it would cost to fix it. I've never had to go there, but I would guess it would be costly, yes, simply because they would have to get the parts from some other country. EDGE is for mobile phones and smartphones only, not for PDAs.
The screen size is 320x240 and the best part is that the case can be opened up to show more screen space or go into widescreen mode (480x320). The in-built memory is 64MB and you can always add an SDIO or an MMC card to expand your memory size.
Yes, you can connect it to a laptop with a WiFi card and I guess people go for high-end smartphones simply because for many of them, style matters over substance and they've got lots of money and dont mind if their battery dies in the middle of the day.

smt_malhotra

Broken In
T 610 and Nokia 6600 are both one of the best sets for bluetooth data transfer
U should use:-
Orchid bluetooth adapter with Widcomm software
or Bluesoliel dongle with Bluesoliel software provided in the CD with the dongle
Bluetooth data transfer speed are upto 700 KBps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom