Does any body have bluetooth installed in their system......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I'd like to know how its installed, which shops have it and iis it recomeded for transf data from the comp to the mobile......

I've got a sony eric T-610 & 6600.......

Let me know,

:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude for a second there i thought we was a newbie but the 74 post count jst shocked me out :shock: :shock:

Are u new here?????

Just post all these queries of urs in one single thread and then wait for replies....its a big pain relpyin for every single one serparately....had just been done with a dude doing the same like u before :wink:

Btw yea bluetooth dongles are available in wide range of mobile shops....if in Mumbai u can stroll down to Heera Panna,Indraprasth,Lammy road and many others....u can get These dongles pricing from 1k ranging to 3k depending on the Range and its make :)

U just need to connect this dongle to ur PC and Transfer ur Wallpapers,ringotnes etc. Via The Nokia pc suite software to ur mobile phone :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
A BlueTooth dongle of range 10mt will cost around 800 and the same with 100mt range will cost around 1800.

I dont know abt T610, but for 6600, i can tell.

You will need a bluetooth (bt) adaptor for ur PC. You have two options:

1. A card that plugs into the PCI slot of a PC and has a external antenna for communication-- cumbersome to use.

2.USB bt adaptors:these tiny devices plug into ur USB port and work as a interface for bt comm with lappy or cellphone.

The advantage of using a USB adaptor is that u can remove it when not needed and plug it into another PC or lappy without any hassle.

These adaptors are rated on the range they cover:a 10 m adaptor will cost rs 1000, where as a adaptor with 100m range will cost u rs1800.

U will need some nokia phone managers like o2 or nokia PC suite.
The windows sp2 has a feature for bluetooth transfer and after u install the drivers, u are ready to go. Whenever u send a file, ur PC will ask if u wanna save the file. So, it's simpale.

hikapil

Journeyman
Re: Does any body have bluetooth installed in their system..

achacko@dataone.in said:
I'd like to know how its installed, which shops have it and iis it recomeded for transf data from the comp to the mobile......

I've got a sony eric T-610 & 6600.......

Let me know,

Hey man Why are posting without searching the forum. I have seen that more than 50% of your questions are worthless or discussed earlier in this forum.

Please be Gentle.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Kapil, leave me alone... I've already told umpteen times that I'm a newbie just learning to navigat around the forum.......

If ur p issed off then dont answer......

:x

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
All allwyn and kapil were saying was that it would easier to track your questions and answer them in they were all in one place instead of being spread out everywhere on the forum. As for the T-610, the best thing to do is to ge a USB Bluetooth dongle, and then install the software that comes along with the adapter (the BT2.0 drivers that Microsoft provides along with WinXP SP2 usually doesn't deliver the full functionality as the specific WIDCOMM/CSR driver)
Once you're done installing it, click the My Bluetooth Places icon on the desktop, follow the setup instructions and make sure you enable Synchronization, Serial Port, OBEX File Transfer and anything else you want. Once you're done, go to Phone Monitor options in Control Panel and then turn on the Bluetooth function on the T610. The phone will be detected and you will be asked to pair the device with the computer. Enter the same PIN on both the PC/T610. Following that you will asked to add your phone and SIM to Phone Monitor. Do so and then check out what Serial Port has been setup during the installation of the phone and then in Phone Monitor>COM Ports click the COM port and click "Enable" and "Reserve" and that's it - you're done. You will be able to sync data between the phone and the PC without a hitch.
And the next time around, make sure you put all your queries in one place. :D Just trying to help!

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Tks dude....

Then I cud trasf games too from the comp but how since they have lots of files in the software......

Is it possible to synchronise the phone book , schedules and tasks to the comp too?

:lol:

Scorpion

Journeyman
Synchronising is possible for every thing including SMS, just use some oxygen phone manager to connect to the virtual serial port. It works fine.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
dude thats pay and i dont have a credit card yet......

Any free sites to get it from .......

Lol

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Remember Oxygen Phone Manager is only for Nokia phones. And yes, you can synchronize everything with the phone, including your pictures, ringtones, calendars, appointments, tasks, notes, you name it.

Scorpion

Journeyman
For Sony ericcson phone, nothing beats the fma (floAts Mobile Agent).
Google it, its free. Some sourceforge site as far as I remember. Don't know if the same prog. works for Nokia.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Does it work for the PDA's as well?

Some PDAS have WIFI too can they be used to transf to & from comp?

Tks.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yes, it works for PDAs as well. You can use the Outlook conduit provided by Chapura PocketMirror that comes bundled along with the Palm PDA. If you have a PocketPC PDA, you can use ActiveSync.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Dude tell me whether I shud go in for a PDA or Nokia 6630 so it has all the functions and specifics.............

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Depends on your use, actually. If you want a bigger screen, larger capacity, support for WiFi, better browsing/email capabilities, etc, go in for a PDA. If you dont use those all too often and prefer a longer battery life, smaller size, go in for the phone. True smartphones and smartphone-cum-PDAs are still too expensive for the end user, even a corporate one.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
achacko@dataone.in said:
Dude tell me whether I shud go in for a PDA or Nokia 6630 so it has all the functions and specifics.............
6630 costs around 25k. A "good PDA" will cost more than that. It all depends on ur requirements.

CASE for 6630:
1. 6630 has EDGe which PDA's dont have.
2. 1 hr. non stop video recording

CASE against 6630:
1. If u want email and browsing and other stuffs like this then dont go for 6630.
2. No wifi, with it u can have access to internet with wifi's hubs. Dont in india, this isnt matured as yet.
3. PDA's will have a large screen, compared to 6630

So, it goes down to ur requirements and what kind of features u look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom