• Excellent, i never had any issue

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Fine, but needs improvement

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Filthy, dumbass everywhere and find good ones a handflu

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol.... yes, even now i understand some basic things from internet so when i go to doctor, i will ask some question and he will reply, by looking at me like i am villain. Most of the doctors dont prefer to answer patients questions.

Nice thing, I always ask some questions from doctors while they write the prescription.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@OP: I am also from TN. Almost All doctors in my locality don't know what is meant by Autism and Dyslexia. They have never heard of the terms like AS and NDD.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
I see multiple debates on this thread.
Debate #1: Medical service is one of the most noble professions. However, with rising population and greed, some crooks have tainted this profession. Some doctors(with probably fake degree) do everything to make money out of people's misery. This is very unfortunate. I personally know a Sr. doctor who works in a government hospital in delhi. His wife keeps complaining that he gives away more than half of his salary to poor patients.

Debate #2: City Vs Rural: It all depends what you call a "good treatment". For some people comfort and luxury is important. For some people neatness and hygiene plays an important role. Some people perceive it as experienced doctors. Some take it as hi tech facilities. It is also to be noted that specialized medical care is usually better in larger cities. Cities have a large number of patients, which means more experienced doctors, better facility to deal with unusual cases, insurance coverage etc.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Well, i grown up in city and to be frank, your so called experience doctor is the one, who misguided me. I am not complaining all doctors out there. The one who did the surgery to me, was very experienced, yet he is polite, give me all answers i need and he is good. On top, he didn't charged me extra, because there was some complications in the surgery.

The thing is, some doctors are simply rude and adamant, and they give pills without even thoroughly checking the patients, and just aimed to put money in their pockets. This is the one i am pointing out.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
your so called experience doctor is the one, who misguided me.
I used the term "experienced doctors" in context with people's perception of a good medical institution. I never said it was a fact. It is what some people believe. Please read it again.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
some of them dont diagnose properly,like they give you painkillers and say ''lets see what happens next week"

red dragon

Master troll
@OP: I am also from TN. Almost All doctors in my locality don't know what is meant by Autism and Dyslexia. They have never heard of the terms like AS and NDD.

Really!!I am a doctor myself and even first year medical students are aware of Autism.
Dyslexia is something different altogether though.
BTW,AS can mean a lot of things in medicine.
@op,I am really sorry hearing about your prolonged suffering.
I presume it was inguinal hernia you were suffering from,but as you mentioned,symptoms started more than 5 year ago....and you never noticed a lump over your groin area over these years is very unusual.
Inguinal hernia is usually painless swelling with a sense of heaviness,it is only painful when gut loop is obstructed from the tight neck of the hernial sac.And in that situation vomiting is very common.
I have not seen you personally but from your description I sincerely doubt you had hernia 5 years ago.

some of them dont diagnose properly,like they give you painkillers and say ''lets see what happens next week"

Do not make stupid comments like this.
Do you want to undertake a series of investigations(costing more than 30/40k) for common cold/flu/myalgia or things like that?
Even in the most advanced countries presumptive diagnosis and empirical therapy is perfectly agreeable.

I used the term "experienced doctors" in context with people's perception of a good medical institution. I never said it was a fact. It is what some people believe. Please read it again.

Sadly in modern world,physical examination is a dying art and no. of physicians who still prefer it over sophisticated( and obscenely expensive)investigations is decreasing at an alarming rate.
Sadly the patients and their family members are responsible for this along with a lot of websites with faulty information.
When I was in clinics,a young patient's father did not allow me to give his son(he was sufferung from pyogenic meningitis)a couple of shots of steroids before antibiotics.
He read in internet that steroids are bad and can cause depressed immunity and his son already had CNS infection.
The young man died after 3 days.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Really!!I am a doctor myself and even first year medical students are aware of Autism.
@op,I am really sorry hearing about your prolonged suffering.
I presume it was inguinal hernia you were suffering from,but as you mentioned,symptoms started more than 5 year ago....and you never noticed a lump over your groin area over these years is very unusual.
Inguinal hernia is usually painless swelling with a sense of heaviness,it is only painful when gut loop is obstructed from the tight neck of the hernial sac.And in that situation vomiting is very common.
I have not seen you personally but from your description I sincerely doubt you had hernia 5 years ago.

I still remember the day i found out that bug lump in my groin area, for which i went to hospital and doctor told me "It's stomach ulcer" after looking at that lump. And the pain is not regular, but when it comes, it will be like anything i have ever felt. The doctors who operated my hernia told me it should be more than five years because we can see fat surrounding the hernia is huge. I have seen the fat after the operation myself, and it is of size of a rat (No exaggeration). So i don't think i have had hernia recently.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Do not make stupid comments like this.
Do you want to undertake a series of investigations(costing more than 30/40k) for common cold/flu/myalgia or things like that?
Even in the most advanced countries presumptive diagnosis and empirical therapy is perfectly agreeable.
im no doctor,but i dont know any tests for cold which costs 30k.This thread wouldve never existed if the 'Doctor' wouldnt have actually diagnosed Hernia as stomach ulcer.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

If the first year medical students in your locality knows about Autism, It doesn't mean that doctors in other locality too know about it. And by AS, I meant Asperger's Syndrome.

red dragon

Master troll
im no doctor,but i dont know any tests for cold which costs 30k.This thread wouldve never existed if the 'Doctor' wouldnt have actually diagnosed Hernia as stomach ulcer.

I meant a series of tests.
Do you know how much does it cost something as simple as contrast MR or CT in private hospitals?
@op,if the doctor had seen the lump and called it gastric ulcer,something was seriously wrong with him,he needed treatment more than you did.

red dragon

Master troll
If the first year medical students in your locality knows about Autism, It doesn't mean that doctors in other locality too know about it. And by AS, I meant Asperger's Syndrome.

Asperger's is included in Autism spectrum disorder.
Doctors in general refers to Aortic Stenosis as AS.
It is not about locality.Any first year medical graduate in India knows about it.
Yes,students from private medical colleges in India or doing MBBS from Russia,China etc lacks basic knowledge .

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Sadly in modern world,physical examination is a dying art and no. of physicians who still prefer it over sophisticated( and obscenely expensive)investigations is decreasing at an alarming rate.

That is a favorite quote frequently used by senior doctors who undoubtedly are great at diagnosing things with their physical examination skills than their current younger colleagues. Flashback to few centuries back, docs even used to taste urine of patients to see whether they had sugar in it!

Things have evolved now. A doctor cannot deny patient few basic tests just because things are absolutely normal on physical examination. Common entities like Diabetes and Thyroid take 5-15 years to develop symptoms. For example, if a doctor denies blood sugar test to a 35-40 year old patient whose parents, brothers, sisters are diabetic, just because physically he is absolutely fine, then it is over dependance on his physical examination skills. By the time he develops signs detectable on physical examination, significant damage to his organs has already taken place. This is just a single example.

Malpractice is there. There are good docs and bad docs. So best way out is to trust your instincts. Go to the doctor in whom you have faith. Thankfully there still are lots of them out there.

Most of the doctor-patient mishaps happen due to miscommunication. Some very good doctors are bad at communicating things in a simpler way and vice versa.

Lump in groin area and stomach ulcer thing doesn't really make sense. I guess its miscommunication again.

Things like Asperger's Syndrome are complex neuropsychiatric entities. They are not easy to diagnose out of the blue (even by best of the doctors) just because Shahrukh had one in the movie.

They say, Google is an unlicensed medical practitioner. You are most likely to get 90% wrong information when it comes to medical search by a non medical person. In medicine, 1+1 is not always equal to 2. There are very frequent exceptions. So it all boils down to a doctor's experience. Sometimes, it makes sense to trust the doc blindly, rather than suspecting each and everything and cross checking on the internet.

This is what I mean:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8231/8419791784_f8ab7b631b_o.jpg

It all depends on the trust and doctor-patient relationship. If you smell something fishy, change the doctor. There are upteen options available.

Having said that, its not wrong on a part of a doctor to think of earning money. After all he has a family to look after. If others can think of profit, even doctor has a right to do so. But yes, it always makes sense to refer a case to an appropriate colleague if one is clueless about something.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ I am still trying to edit and add to it.... too many interesting and debatable things in this thread :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, look who we have here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-ad...one-following-specifications.html#post1829325

Furious_gamer, this is probably your doctor :D :D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Well, look who we have here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-ad...one-following-specifications.html#post1829325

Furious_gamer, this is probably your doctor :D :D

I guess a doctor can even operate a hernia with Lenovo p700i.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@a_medico
Having said that, its not wrong on a part of a doctor to think of earning money. After all he has a family to look after. If others can think of profit, even doctor has a right to do so. But yes, it always makes sense to refer a case to an appropriate colleague if one is clueless about something.

That is my point all these time. The two doctors i met, were not even bothered to check the lump, and they will take a look for second or two and jump to conclusion and that too stomach ulcer! WTF!!! :shock:.

Top Bottom