Do you miss the old skoar?

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Well the old Skoar started after CGW was shut down in India way back when. It was piss poor compared to CGW when it started out but it got better and had a great charm of its own. It felt it was written by guys like you and me with a great sense of humour and some extra Indian tadka on top. The Skoar forums were pretty good too.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think it was more than a gaming mag. It was also satirical. I remember reading the review of Dhoom 2 where the characters were rated on how gay they were. Uday Chopra was rated 1, Hrithik 2 and Abhishek Bachchan 3.

I wonder what Bad Jag and folks are up to these days.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
An example of an article from the old skoar:

*web.archive.org/web/20080611184035/*www.skoar.com/Story.php?StoryTitle=GunZ&StoryId=1297&GroupId=3

Most of us like the matrix-styled games, since we're all gullible enough to think that a man in a black suit is cool. And if you’re one of the One and also like online gameplay (read: terrible online gameplay) — Gunz is a game you shouldn’t miss. For the rest of you though, this is strictly optional.

GunZ Ain't FunZ
This game has the capability to blow your mind (quite literally) thanks to it's shitty concept and ultra-gay execution (Caution: You will encounter the snide homosexual references in this phurstluk. Often). GunZ is yet another pathetic Korean game that's enforced on the millions of retards who can't tell the difference between a game and a bondage device. What's worse is the sheer stupidity of people who play this game and actually think they're cool. It's almost as stupid as buying a ridiculously overpriced game magazine and acting elite. You can fight in E Style (Euro-style), K Style (Korean-style) and Hybrid (both K and E style). There’s nothing complicated about the premise — you fight, kill people and level up.

The game is, quite predictably, simplistic as **** — you learn the basic moves dodge, dash, slash, block, etc. and learn some more moves in order to become a pro-troll and finally look for a clan (a bunch of like-minded retards who engage in pointless virtual turf-wars). The first thing that you do however, is create your avatar — GunZ features a patented Gender Bias™ — the men are proficient with guns and the women love their mêlée weapons. You can pimp your character with quite a few weapons — Daggers, Rocket Launchers, Katanas, Pistols, SMGs, etc.

Virtual Back-Pats
Similar to DMC3, combos give you aural encouragement — Good, Cool, Wonderful, Excellent and Unbelievable (maybe not in the same series). The real reason why this game is retard heaven is its ridiculously low learning curve. The game has six kinds of game modes — Gladiator, Team Gladiator, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Assassination, and Berserker Deathmatch. In the Gladiator modes, you fight melee only battles. Assassination is a kill the leader game type where the death of the leader (he’s got his team color glowing gay around him) makes the whole team lose. Finally, the Berserker Deathmatch, is the same as a normal DM, the only difference being that you get a power (that also glows gay).

What's more pathetic is the complete lack of a quest mode . Overall I have only one thing to say, if you are a online gamer who likes playing action games and also likes a lot of physical and mental pain, get this game. It's not really worth the price (of download), but you kinda deserve it. Nonetheless, I’m addicted to this game and love being like that.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Plus, all the pirated games that they used to distribute illegally!!! :lol: The irony!!!! Ha ha!!!

The jokes been on [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] and Digit as a whole ever since!!! Talk about double standards!!! :-D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^please try for constructive criticism. Oh wait, this is fight club.
the picture you paint is far from the whole story, and just wrong

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ah. Ok. If you research a bit, or ask around, Im sure you can dig up more about the issues, and you would not have posted all that. Somehow you have gotten the wrong picture, exactly the opposite. Some general facts.

1. Whatever criticisms readers might have had, rest assured that these discussions were obviously more acute internally within the organization.
2. Skoar! was then not under the aegis of Digit, it had it's own Editor.
3. At the end of 2007, Jasubhai Digital was acquired by 9.9 Interactive... the management has changed

While you are free to have your opinions, at least refrain from attacking anyone personally. Can you post any proof of what you have "seen" and your accusations?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Skoar wasn't under the Aegis of Digit??? Didn't know that!!! :) I thought that both of them were sister publications under Jasubhai!!! :-(

And, anyway, from whichever angle you view the magazine, you can't deny that it was pathetic from the 5th or 6th issue onwards right until its end with Roman Numerals Numbering!!! And, I think some of the people that were working for Skoar were working for Digit too... The reviewers and such...

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
SKOAR was a separate bimonthly magazine dedicated only to gaming. Its editor was Badri 'BadJag' Narayanan. He made SKOAR into a politically correct man's nightmare. But I used to find them hilarious.

Also Skoar's art styles were pretty unique. Like that issue that had a retro design and that one issue that was purposely censored to the point that all gore or menacing screenshots were covered with funny or cute pictures.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Wait. What? I'm being accused of something? Just ask me stuff directly, I'll tell you what you want to know.

doomgiver

Warframe
I miss the old skoar.

it lambasted everything (remember the prince and the "handjob" letter? :D )

it was crass, funny and actually useful. how many other "gaming" magazines manage to make you laugh, while actually providing good reevus? none, other than skoar!

bring it back!

Top Bottom