Do you miss the old skoar?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Skoar was the first true gaming magazine I read and had made up a reputation to be the gutsiest magazine around. Despite being on the wrong side of the politically correct spectrum, it had some pretty memorable reviews and articles. Alas, the original Skoar is dead and is now tamed to suit a more mainstream audience, but I will always remember the original Skoar as the harbinger of gaming in India.

What do you say?

Sarath

iDota
I just realised there was a mag called Skoar, bought it and it went out of production since then.

:|

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sad....it was one of the ballsiest magazines I've known. Contained indiscriminate use of expletives, blatant racism and extreme political incorrectness. But the reviews were memorable. I vaguely remember a review of the first generation iphone, where in conclusion the writer wrote something like this:

So, should you get an iPhone? The answer is no. But what if you see one lying on the road? Still its not worth it, it probably might not have survived the fall. It might actually be a bomb in disguise of an iPhone planted by Al-qaeda to rid the world of apple fanboys (a move I wholeheartedly support).

doomgiver

Warframe
i loved gangster granny.
and there was this review of some shitty overpriced speakers, which the writer noted that he'd rather get shafted with a iron rod with spikes rather than listen to the speakers again

i'll give anyhtign to bring back the crazy magazine

Piyush

Lanaya
I too miss Skoar too much
I always loved Letters from readers (most of them being funny ), red vs blue and similar comics strips, gangsta granny,....

I want them back :(

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah...even I liked gangsta granny and skoar comics.

I vaguely remember but there was an article about how video games don't cause violence and its stupidity that does by some guy named Nachiketa.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomgiver

Warframe
there was this spoof on punisher (i recall from memory)
there was once a guy
his parents were brutally pushed on a metro station
driven mad by vengeance, he vowed to push those who pushed his parents.
now he is back, and he is..... THE PUSHER!!!!

and one on splinter bell (oops, i mean cell :hehe: )
agent samantha jones is out on a mission of importance
the fate of the world depends upon it
will he succeed? will he ring the bell?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I also remember a kid friendly issue, which was completely censored. All gory and horrible scenes were replaced by funny pics and pics of puppies and gangsta granny was completely slacked and in good humour. They had reviewed Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Call of Cthulhu, Dead Rising, etc in that issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Also, in one issue there was a drama consisting of video game characters, including Kratos, The Prince of persia, max payne, the g-man, Gordon Freeman, Master Chief, Sam Fischer, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am sad that the new skoar is actually nothing more than an advertorial by Alienware. I want the old skoar back :(
Posted via Mobile Device

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I read that in one of the DVD's there was a pirated version of some game!! .. is it true?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I too miss Skoar too much
I always loved Letters from readers (most of them being funny ), red vs blue and similar comics strips, gangsta granny,....

I want them back :(

this was my favorite part. letters. and the associated replies :grin:

it once packed in some cracks (call of duty) in one of the DVDs :wink:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ still today i just thought that skoar was supplementary of digit I never knew it was before a separate book

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have some pdf files.....

Could you share (don't know if it is legal to ask)

^^ still today i just thought that skoar was supplementary of digit I never knew it was before a separate book

You don't know what you missed buddy. The real skoar was awesome. The skoar you get now is nothing more than an advertorial for Alienware.
Posted via Mobile Device

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Could you share (don't know if it is legal to ask)

You don't know what you missed buddy. The real skoar was awesome. The skoar you get now is nothing more than an advertorial for Alienware.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ohk,I Just started reading tech books in 2010...

Top Bottom