Do you miss the old skoar?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The skoar you get now is nothing more than an advertorial for Alienware.

I never read the original one, but to this point I'll agree.

A weird thing is that TD behaves like the original did not even exist :?

tkin

Back to school!!
I want skoar back, with the old writers.

I bought the first copy, lost it when shifting, any links to purchase it?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
No wonder i saw best played in alienware....in Skoar.Some books say alienware is just a overpriced config

tkin

Back to school!!
A MSI os ASUS laptop would blow any alienware out of the water in price vs performance.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No, the magazine was so sh1tty that no one remembers it, or wants to :evil: .
Articles had the quality enough to excite 4 year olds. Sorry, but true.

Looks like we have different tastes then. Too much order is not good for health....need a little chaos to even it out. Skoar was my chaos in the sea of order. For this it will always be in my memory.

I never read the original one, but to this point I'll agree.

A weird thing is that TD behaves like the original did not even exist :?

If you read the content of the magazine, you'd know why. Read this blah blah

There was a season of Angry Video Game Nerd in one of the DVD as well.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
There are some people nwho say that they won't even pee on Digit! I'm confused till today about their tastes & quality standards. :crazy:

btw IIRC I had bought the first issue of Skoar, as I was a regular reader of digit then. But it was available in small cities then, I just came across it in Delhi in 2007 or so I guess. I didn't know its stopped now. :(

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I vaguely remember that there was a review of the first F.E.A.R. which showed a before and after pics of a scene in the game. The before scene was a normal scene and the after was completely chaotic with sparks/explosions everywhere. The caption read "Happy Diwali M***********s".
Posted via Mobile Device

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
i heard about skoar that it was a separate magazine but never saw it...
i think digit should go for magazine+1/2dvd+ft+skoar for every month... i did read some articles of it.on net and they were pawsome.... :grin:

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I feel sad for all you new generation guys. Skoar was a Bi-monthly mag BTW and I used to eagerly wait for the next issue to come. More eagerly than Digit. The editorial staff used to be so bombarded with mails regarding when the next issue is coming that they made their tag line "When its done".

It was not just a gaming magazine IMHO, it was a total guys magazine.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
anybody has pdf's on the old skoar? i want to read :grin:
i dont like the alienware advetorial which comes with digit

I am not sure but the older digit archives which we used to get as a CD during the early 2000s special issues might have them. I don't have those discs with me now, so I am not sure.

Edit : Does any of you guys have the old Digit archive CDs? Please check if you can find the PDFs for the old Skoars in it.

doomgiver

Warframe
let us find any and all copies of skoar that we can find, make a list of them, and upload to a secure location.

who shall volunteer?
i do!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
let us find any and all copies of skoar that we can find, make a list of them, and upload to a secure location.

who shall volunteer?
i do!

Dude, you are our best hope. I have tons of Digit archive CDs, but I don't have them with me now. Will see when I go home.

axes2t2

I am a cat
I had every copy of Skoar and Thinkdigit (2001 - 2008) and IC-Chip (2002 - 2008)

Sold them to raddiwaala.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Do you have the archive CDs at least? You can try checking them out for pdfs of skoar.

Top Bottom