Do you make games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurya_mishra

Broken In
I am a game maker and use "Game maker 5" to make small but good games. But i could not find anyone in my catrgory. so i decided to host this discussion. most people are busy playing and buying games. But if you to like making games we can share our ideas, sprites, and even preview each others games here. :D

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@surya i haven tried my hands on it yet.. i prefer gettina gr8 game n njoyin.. but even then to know that v r playin a game created by me.. its a nice feeling.. :D

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hi.....u doin a kool job making games....its a gr8 achievement regardless of wat kinda game u make...nywez, im also a game maker but havnt even heared of this thing called game maker.....i use programming languages like c++, gw-basic to make small 2d games.....itz so far just running in my friends group, n skools here.....gud luk
cheers

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Game making and programming apps or pages for the net is the best way 2 learn Programming 'cause U can ponder over millions of issues that would never notice if u just made those Bookish programs.

Good Job.....................
Any1 who makes games must have good sense, great programming skills (if the game comes out to be glitch free) and whole lot of creativity (if u didn't steal ideas and come up with original stuff !)

Count me in if you are planning 2 create games on a multi-participating basis !
We can all contribute !!!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@""saurya_mishra"" Hey dudes well its good to see sum one posting abt games and that to sharing ideas on how to make them kool man!!

Hey BTW how to start i mean wat softwares i shud use to make or learn to make games??r there any tutorials available ?? PLZ REPLY Dudes..

well hey ""saurya_mishra"" u can check out the site *www.programmersheaven.com if u wanna hv more info on making games and their programing.

cheers n peace

ASHU.....

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, well, not a game maker, but slight mod maker in openGL

Made 2 guns for Quake 3, long time ago
Made my own charecter model for UT2003/2004
For Doom3, well with the SDK provided in Chip, have made or say modified the default marine to have the face of Donal Duck insted

tuxfan

Technomancer
Made one game in C looooong back. It was as a project for a cousin who submited it on his name and earned his certificate. No wonder, he never could make it to professional programming world.

But I think I am the only (and the cousin) who played that game :lol: :lol:

Who

Guess Who's Back
i want to make games i don't know about but i will surly give u game ideas maybe i can learn somthing about games from u so are u with me saurya_mishra

OP
S

saurya_mishra

Broken In
Hi guys I am back :D

Now let me answer all your questions. First the software i use to make games -- it is 'Game Maker 5'. you can download the shareware at the following site:
*www.gamemaker.nl/
Tutorial, example games,etc are also available there. That's good news for u 'ashu888ashu888'. Now game maker 6 is also available. Although many free game making softwares too are available I personally prefer this one. Very simple one. Complex games can also be made in this.

Yes we can make and exchange gaming ideas and sounds and 'sprites' here but tell me how? i have only a dialup interbet connection and that is snail pace. we can exchang games too but guys please wait till the end of this month. my CBSE class 10 exams are going. :(
I am planing to make a game on a really inovative idea --- SHAKTIMAAN -- it will be an adcade game and i am sure this will be the first game on an indian superhero. what do you think. give your ideas too.

@gxsaurav
you seem to be a lot more experienced than all of us here. so tell us exactly what you use to make guns in quake, etc. you can contact me personally too. and whats SDX ??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey ""saurya" thank dude well i hv checked that site and hv downloaded the SOFTWARE hey but plz dont make a game on SHAKTIMAAN yaar plz think of sum other anme and we all r here to help u out wit it. :p :lol:

well it is a good idea to make an ARCADE game but plz do think of a good name dude ( i eman thats wat i think,) coz the first step of success of ur game will be its name,I hope i am not ruining ur ideas.Wat all u guys say man!!!

cheers n peace..... :p :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hmmm.....well lets see....not a game maker but rather a game player......Btw gaming industry in India as of now is lacking on major issues i guess and hence i dun suppose theres not a big scope here for its progress.....and usually the full fledged courses almost cost a bomb......so i'll rather stick to my playing tactics and let u guys do all the planning to get the best out of this "consumer" :lol:

@gx....which guns did ya design by the way?????
Plzzz tell me it was the BFG :wink:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey dudes 8) 8) check out the game maker site that ""Saurya"" suggested well hey ""Saurya"" thanx dude :p the site that u mentioned is just AWESOME with really good and easy to understand TUTORIALS.

cheers n peace.....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Raghav Talwar said:
Dude,I'm not in your category,but would like to be in it.Just tell me where i can download 'game maker 5' from.

Errr....Did you read through the entire post??? Think again!!!!
Sure ok then may be missed out on this line :p

saurya_mishra said:
Now let me answer all your questions. First the software i use to make games -- it is 'Game Maker 5'. you can download the shareware at the following site:
*www.gamemaker.nl/
Also U could PM The "Dude" if you are interested :wink:

S

sunnydiv

thats, nice i had some very nice ideas, for some games, but none good enough for anywhere near mainstreem

hey, why dont you sne dyour games to digit, and ask them to include in dvd

and how about a tut :D for basics

pallavnawani

Broken In
Hi,

I make shareware games for living. Me and my brother have done 3 games so far:

1. Last Man Standing
2D tanks shooter (windows only)

2. RiotBall
Great Arkanoid game (windows and Linux)
Above two are shareware.

3. Natwarlal
Natwarlal is a strong chess program. It is freeware, works on both win & Linux.

All of the above can be downloaded from my website,
*www.ironcode.com

I have also written an GUI interprerer to run text adventure games, it is called Rogue.
It works on linux only. You can download it for free from
*www.ifarchive.com

Pallav

OP
S

saurya_mishra

Broken In
@sunnydiv
dont worry that u r not in the main stream .. we too are not in it ... after all we will ultimately definr the main stream . just post your idesa.
@pallavnawani
man !!! u really made some great games .. tell me how old r u m? i mean what is your age ? one more thing is the wessite yours ... tell me in detail how you are able to market your games... it will help us all

saurya

pallavnawani

Broken In
Hi,

Does it matter how old I am? :) But for the record, I am 28. I have worked for Telco and Sasken in past before quitting and setting up my own company, IronCode Software. We're just a small two man company right now, hopefully we will grow.

Yes, the website is ours, as is all the games on it.

The games are marketed and sold on internet. We have a tie up with RegNow, which handles the credit card processing etc, in exchange for a fee. Our games are submitted to the shareware websites (such as tucows ) where they are available for download. People download the demo, and if they like it, they buy them. This is the shareware business model. Sometimes magazines also carry them on CD (never seen our games on Indian magazines though :( ) and people may try out games from the CDs.

That's how it works in short.

Best regards,
Pallav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom