Do you like QTEs in games?

Do you like QTE's in games?

• Yes, but only if missing them will kill you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

heidi2521

Padawan
Quick Time Events or QTEs for short are on screen prompts for a user to enter a certain button quickly so that the character executes an action.

The options are:

Yes - Self explanatory
Yes, but only if they are optional and make your character do something more awesome/help the character - Eg. Revengeance, Assassins Creed 2, Arkham City. Missing a QTE doesn't kill your character instantly or near instantly in this option.
Yes, but only if missing them will kill you - Eg. Tomb Raider. If you miss a QTE in this option you will either lose a huge part of your health or kill you.
No - Self Explanatory
I don't care- self explanatory

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Lol. Your claim that QTEs are good in Uncharted would make me think otherwise ;)

I found them to be the best btw. Maybe i misunderstood the polls then. Love to change to them.
Uncharted is flawless. Period. The QTE's were an integral part of the game for a reason. The franchise is undoubtedly envious to most top developers in the world around.
Genre defining stuff.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
I found them to be the best btw. Maybe i misunderstood the polls then. Love to change to them.
Uncharted is flawless. Period. The QTE's were an integral part of the game for a reason. The franchise is undoubtedly envious to most top developers in the world around.
Genre defining stuff.

Yes, but only if they are optional and make your character do something more awesome/help the character - Eg. Revengeance, Assassins Creed 2, Arkham City. Missing a QTE doesn't kill your character instantly or near instantly in this option.
Yes, but only if missing them will kill you - Eg. Tomb Raider. If you miss a QTE in this option you will either lose a huge part of your health or kill you.

I'm not sure what was there to misunderstand in this poll. Uncharted's QTEs certainly do not fit the definition in the bold. I'm not gonna comment on your misguided opinion that uncharted is flawless because I do not want to derail this thread.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I'm not sure what was there to misunderstand in this poll. Uncharted's QTEs certainly do not fit the definition in the bold. I'm not gonna comment on your misguided opinion that uncharted is flawless because I do not want to derail this thread.

It was just a blind poll for me. I was just looking for a yes with a reason. Found one and voted.
Don't have time really to sit down and analyse the poll with uncharted or call of duty.

Uncharted series being flawless isn't a misguided opinion but unanimous and universal. The series is critically acclaimed universally and not my misguided opinion.
Nobody will agree with you about uncharted being a flawed title, not here and not anywhere in this planet. There are tons of proof to support my claim and almost none to disapprove it.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
It was just a blind poll for me. I was just looking for a yes with a reason. Found one and voted.
Don't have time really to sit down and analyse the poll with uncharted or call of duty.

Uncharted series being flawless isn't a misguided opinion but unanimous and universal. The series is critically acclaimed universally and not my misguided opinion.
Nobody will agree with you about uncharted being a flawed title, not here and not anywhere in this planet. There are tons of proof to support my claim and almost none to disapprove it.

You don't need to analyze the poll, but if you did read it you would realize which one you prefer.

The uncharted series does have its flaws, especially in this game:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted:_Golden_Abyss

I never said anything about universal critical acclaim. Universal critical acclaim matters little when games like GTA4 can get a 98/100.

Try asking in any reasonable forum whether it is flawless. I did mention the flaws in another thread and you dismissed them(and most of UCs gameplay) as silly and irrelevant. Most forums think that the title itself is good/great but certainly not flawless. Almost none of them think that it is a flawless title like you do.

From the point of view of a person who thinks gameplay make 75% of a game, Uncharted is certainly not a series he would recommend.

Nope. I don't. Its just another lazy way to market the so called "Immersion".

Oh. come on. Not all QTEs are like that. Eg. when near a damaged UG with full energy you have the option to press O and X together to unleash a special attack. Those QTEs certainly not there to increase immersion. Instead they act more like substitutes for context sensitive buttons.

And in games where the character does what he is going to do anyway, whether you respond or not, syncing your taps with the attack/note does increase immersion. Eg Asura's Wrath and Guitar Hero.

But yeah. Press 'x' to not die types of QTEs found in most games is pretty immersion breaking.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
You don't need to analyze the poll, but if you did read it you would realize which one you prefer.

The uncharted series does have its flaws, especially in this game:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted:_Golden_Abyss

I never said anything about universal critical acclaim. Universal critical acclaim matters little when games like GTA4 can get a 98/100.

Try asking in any reasonable forum whether it is flawless. I did mention the flaws in another thread and you dismissed them(and most of UCs gameplay) as silly and irrelevant. Most forums think that the title itself is good/great but certainly not flawless. Almost none of them think that it is a flawless title like you do.

From the point of view of a person who thinks gameplay make 75% of a game, Uncharted is certainly not a series he would recommend.

Any person who claims gameplay isn't an integral part of uncharted series with silly reasons is definitely dumb. :neutral:
He/she is not fit to be considered as a gamer if the same finds uncharted to be flawed. No offence to anyone here.

After playing all 3 games on a ps3, i can safely say that the game is flawless in every aspect ( especially among thieves and drake's deception).
Uncharted haters are dumb fanboys and nothing more. I have witnessed millions of them in several respectable forums. But that doesn't change reality, does it?

GTA4 got 98/100 for a reason. The gameplay and open world theme is immersive. Gamespot and the like gave it a perfect score.

Same goes for MGS4( also got perfect scores). The game is filled with cutscenes( not QTE's),but still it was critically praiseworthy. If you haven't played MGS series, you will never understand why it got scores like that and sold like crazy. Its was PS3's saving grace back then if you remember.

About Golden abyss, i cannot comment because i have never seen a physical ps vita and thus haven't played it. I was strictly talking about the console versions and not about any handheld.

Last edited:
Top Bottom