Do you follow the ESRB rating strictly???

Do you follow the ESRB rating strictly while playing?

• It is compulsory.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,

I'm sick of this ESRB rating on games (E,T,M,blah,blah). Do you follow it strictly while playing? I don't. I completed Half Life (1), without taking a second look at the ESRB rating (M).

Happy Fraggin!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Even I don't care. But they have to put it there for legal reasons because of parents groups protesting the sale of violent games to underage kids.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I do take a look at the rating, but that doesn't affect my ubying decision :)

And drvarunmehta is right. Those ratings are for legal reasons and they are also there to help parents decide if a particular game is suitable for their kids.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Mr. Acceleraotr then i must call ur parents coz u should not play those games..which may harm u..otherwise why these games have been rated !

Well i look at the ratings but since i get few games to play i play them allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Not me, but I will really take care to see what the ratings are when I buy any game for my children in future.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
The ESRB as they r called r totally a crap thing for me :wink: coz its the game that matters and not the ratings !!! u wouldnt hv known abt the EA's latest title, the SIMS (sumthing a flirty thing) unless u dont play it in real time !! :wink:

neways the BOTTOM line is that u hv to KICK every bad asses buTT b4 they kick ur b@ll$ out of the town !!! :twisted: :twisted:

cheers n e-peace..mates...

and yes HAPPY FRAGGIN' !!!!!

Delpiero

Journeyman
I don't care a **it about these ratings. I just unpack the cd put it in the DVD drive and start playing. These ratings are nothing.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
It would be naive to say that the ratings mean nothing. I haven't come across a single game that has been awarded a rating that it doesn't deserves. Imagine a game like "Manhunt" with a "+3" rating and a kid clamouring to have it. How will you explain that?

Honouring a rating is your personal choice but calling it useless is something which I don't agree with.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
manhunt was a dull game imo(voilence is not always entertainment, it lacked the special element which makes a game good) , whatever rating does a game has , i need not to worry abt them except one

K+ - For kids below 10 yrs, lol

raj14

In Deniel
OH Puh-lease i am not 18, and yet i have Tons of M Rated Games, Also an A Rated one: Playboy: the Mansion, ESRB ratings Don't matter in india

mamba

In the zone
its like saying u CANT watch ' A ' rated movies b4 ur 18 :lol: i used 2 watch them all

so applies with the games ( tho have been above the legal limit now 4 the past 2 yrs ) :D

if u like 'em , play 'em

yeh hai india meri jaan :lol: yahan sab chalta hai

btw , have ne of ur parents ever looked at the ratings of the games u play . bet they dont even no such a thing exists even 4 games !!!!!!!!! the mindset here is , if its a computer game , its meant 4 kids

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Hehe well said mamba. But the ratings are there just as an indicator. ESRB is not forcing anything, but just laying out guidelines. It's totally upto the consumers to decide whether or not to follow them. It's just a legal thing. They too know that these ratings don't matter. :lol:

ammusk

Journeyman
u kidding

even parents of young kids dont even bother to take a second look at the restricted rating on many films for violence like
matrix reloaded
star wars III
etc

so even when they dont bother about the content their kids are exposed do u really believe we will give it a second tought ( if we give a first one )

ammusk

plasmafire

Journeyman
ratings eh.. I look at them.. the badder the better ...
so yes it affects my buying decision.. :-D
manhunt was a nice game..the videos were made using real physics.postal 2, and i forget a few were a few gory games worth the R rating

plasmafire

Journeyman
there is one way that they matter..

u can return a game saying that it was sold to ur minor brother, the shop has to accept it back. of course even if u have installed the game, u can't play without the original CD or DVD... heh heh *cough

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
plasmafire said:
there is one way that they matter..

u can return a game saying that it was sold to ur minor brother, the shop has to accept it back. of course even if u have installed the game, u can't play without the original CD or DVD... heh heh *cough
*cough* No CD crack *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom