Do UFOs/Aliens exist, is Time Travel possible and more...

Sarath

iDota
Its very unlikely that an superintelligent alien species made it though galaxies and finally reached the most harmless planets of all (no methane, volcanos, hydrogen etc) and crash landed and died here.

Ofcourse if you are talking about the microbes on alien rocks (read asteroids) then yes maybe.

doomgiver

Warframe
That's technically incorrect.
he was referring to the units on the speedo or chrono

Its very unlikely that an superintelligent alien species made it though galaxies and finally reached the most harmless planets of all (no methane, volcanos, hydrogen etc) and crash landed and died here.

Ofcourse if you are talking about the microbes on alien rocks (read asteroids) then yes maybe.
earth is far from harmless, but yeah, it is one of the milder planets. now take mars, it is one of the few harmless planets in our solar system.

this might have happened :
ship has some trouble, head for the nearest hablitable/hospitable planet, trouble gets worse, ship out of control, crashland ship.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes.But '1 year per second' is not a unit.However 'year per second' is.:smile:

Well, you actually said the same thing!
Really, "1 year per second" and "year per second" BOTH are the same!
And both are wrong... :lol:

What ico may have meant, would be "ability to travel 1 light-year in 1 sec", where light-year is a unit of Distance (not time), and which means, "The distance which light travels in one year"!! :))

Sarath

iDota
Well, you actually said the same thing!
Really, "1 year per second" and "year per second" BOTH are the same!
And both are wrong... :lol:

What ico may have meant, would be "ability to travel 1 light-year in 1 sec", where light-year is a unit of Distance (not time), and which means, "The distance which light travels in one year"!! :))

It is theoritically impossible to move faster than the speed of light. Einstein just died another death in heaven. :p

Earth is by far the most harmless planet ever discovered for two reasons:
1. Easy to find. Just look down. There you have it budding astro gazer, you just discovered a planet.

2. The next closest one is far far away infact so far away that its taking decades just to discover it, many years after that to validate it and even after all that going there would kill us. But aliens can maybe which is a good/bad thing.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It is theoritically impossible to move faster than the speed of light. Einstein just died another death in heaven. :p

Thanks for giving us the news of another death of Einstein in heaven pal, but I never meant to disagree upon someone's theory. I was just clarifying something which another member meant, which is the ability to move faster than light, without which we can never reach anywhere close to other galaxies, atleast in an average lifetime of a human!
And also, which is also the required condition for Time Travel.

doomgiver

Warframe
Earth is by far the most harmless planet ever discovered for two reasons:
1. Easy to find. Just look down. There you have it budding astro gazer, you just discovered a planet.

2. The next closest one is far far away infact so far away that its taking decades just to discover it, many years after that to validate it and even after all that going there would kill us. But aliens can maybe which is a good/bad thing.

wrong.
its harmless for us. who knows, a methane breather will find it very dangerous.
mars is less dangerous, as it does not have dangerous surface phenomena like cyclones, floods, volcanoes, etc.

Sarath

iDota
I knew I dont mean human friendly. Methane breathers maybe but mars seriously. The dust storms as tall as mount olympus. And that freaking mountain is like many times bigger than the baby mount everest. And how big is the wind storm...well it cover,,,,,,,the entire planet. The ENTIRE planet. Its pretty harsh out there.

Thanks to my spamming of Discovery and Nat Geo :-D

Why I say earth is safer unrelated to us is:
1. Atmosphere. Slows down the entering projectile.
2. Most surface occupied by ocean water a very neutral substance.
3. Atmosphere again contains mostly neutral Nitrogen. (I hope they have space suits though)
4. Humans. Most likely will kill the aliens but never take the first step as curiosity comes first and aggresion later.
5. Protection from solar wind (which is pretty bad ass if you dig deeper)
6. A surface temperature which is ideal for most organisms hopefully aliens but can be sure. Should try the antarctic and mount fuji for holidays, aliens.

Also my friend every planet has varied forms of climate including our sun 11year cycle if memory serves. Jupiter is the worst I agree but relatively earth is the mildest. Plus we got resorts :-D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah life is rare. in fact, some astronomers calculated that it was so rare that it could happen only once in the universe.
their conclusion is that space dust is sized the same as and made up of the same materials as bacteria. life is waiting everywhere for a comet to seed it on a planet.
proofi ?: Analysis of Interstellar Dust and Selected Resources. by Brig Klyce
theres more to this Marcus Chown's The Universe Next Door

doomgiver

Warframe
The dust storms as tall as mount olympus. And that freaking mountain is like many times bigger than the baby mount everest. And how big is the wind storm...well it cover,,,,,,,the entire planet. The ENTIRE planet. Its pretty harsh out there.

Thanks to my spamming of Discovery and Nat Geo :-D

Why I say earth is safer unrelated to us is:
1. Atmosphere. Slows down the entering projectile.
2. Most surface occupied by ocean water a very neutral substance.
3. Atmosphere again contains mostly neutral Nitrogen. (I hope they have space suits though)
4. Humans. Most likely will kill the aliens but never take the first step as curiosity comes first and aggresion later.
5. Protection from solar wind (which is pretty bad ass if you dig deeper)
6. A surface temperature which is ideal for most organisms hopefully aliens but can be sure. Should try the antarctic and mount fuji for holidays, aliens.

Also my friend every planet has varied forms of climate including our sun 11year cycle if memory serves. Jupiter is the worst I agree but relatively earth is the mildest. Plus we got resorts :-D
its just a dust storm, with lightning and dust in your face, kinda like sub saharan harmattans. bloody irritating.
earth is among the mildest, but not the mildest. that is a big debate.

^yeah life is rare. in fact, some astronomers calculated that it was so rare that it could happen only once in the universe.
their conclusion is that space dust is sized the same as and made up of the same materials as bacteria. life is waiting everywhere for a comet to seed it on a planet.
proofi ?: Analysis of Interstellar Dust and Selected Resources. by Brig Klyce
theres more to this Marcus Chown's The Universe Next Door
dude, i am willing to bet my money that there a LOT of alien life out there, and much of it will look very much like us(bipedal,distinct head,jointed appendages)

even earth rocks are made of the same materials as bacteria, you just have to jiggle a few bonds here and there, and voila!!! new life. but waht i want to say is, your basic concept ("space dust is sized the same as and made up of the same materials as bacteria") is wrong.

Sarath

iDota
^^^You have to see the visual representation of the dust storm to actually realise its magnitude. Its powerful enough to rip off flesh from the very bones.

Anyways who cares. I love earth. And I do not welcome aliens here.

There is ofcourse alien life out there and the wonderful fact is the laws of evolution have been proved to be universal. Blame discovery not me if you disagree.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^^hey imma not theorising here, im pointing out that it is something that a few fringe scientists are looking into...
im not even gonna begin with the reptiles or peleidians, this is a very grounded spectrographic analysis of space dust, the same basis on which the compositions of venus or jupiter or other distant objects (Deep Space Alcohol) is theorised
yeah theres some strange stuff out there

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Maybe... a shootout from Aliens to Earth, will be kind!
Alien life exist or not.. it's a fact, which even Steven Hawking has also confirmed, that there is more danger then advantage if ever an Alien life decides to visit Earth.

Alok

Adventurer
Earth is not alone and special there are infinte probabilities of other earth like planets so i say THEY EXIST.

And for time travel , there is no scientific concept. How could ? ?what is base of time travel discussion?
Yet it is only comical.:cool:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@kola2842: The point that YOU are not aware of the Concepts of the Possibility of Time Travel, doesn't mean, that it's impossible!