do u use bittorrent for "legal" stuff....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
seriously there is .01% of the total user swarm who use bittorrent legally... i mean when u hear of torrent u think of kazaa and eMule in context of the content (ie. piracy)... is any one of you using bittorrent the legal way...... i just wanted to know how many of u actually use the bittorrent network legally (ie. u cant be busted by the RIAA or somthing similar)..... i mean we all acccept that we encourage piracy but who is the outta the place person for the bittorrent thing??
PS: all say what all u download on the "Bittorrent" network.....

I use it legally to download illegal stuff. :lol:

Why do you prescribe to follow American Law. We are a free country, I have not seen any law in India (IT Act 2000 or otherwise) that makes it illegal to use P2P or download pirated software. Have you? If yes please let me know, I may be wrong.

Goto piratebay.org and read the replies in the threats section. The guy replies to a Microsoft lawyer about Swedish law regarding P2P.

Keith

khandu

In the zone
I do..

just downloaded koppnix @ super fast speed.. 2 days ago.. and more softwares torrents are available.. legal

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
for india cyber laws , see this :
*www.laws4india.com/cyberlaws/act.asp

good info on this site but who reads ?

Well, i use torrents for sharing mostly ...

FasTrack

Journeyman
Downlaod legally protected stuff.

Not all music comes to India, even if it does, it is limited to Delhi and Mumbai.

So there is no other way.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I used it to download America's Army(not completed), Wolfenstein 3D, Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, Knoppix Games Cd, Project Guetenberg DVD(will start soon) and Opera 8.02 bitorrent preview. All legals.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I never used it since I am a dial up user and there are many demo softwares available legally on the plain internet and I cant download even them. I am always depending on Digit.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes exactly,
Indian laws r too weak,
i never said they were illegal or something,
the author asked for a site on it and i provided it. (mario_pant)

Well, the only legal thing i have d/l ed is Knoppix !

ApoCalypse

Broken In
i mean how would u know whether the stuff ur ownloading is legal or not? :)
do u people actually go through the licenses or the laws...

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
I don't think that every body goes through that big licence agreement that every softawares shows while it installs...

Frankly speaking i have never read that till now in my life...

If any body has done so please let me know....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, i go thro all if i have the time, but most licenses r common, blah blah,
it clearly mentions illegal/punishable - but in small text ;)

Once in my created installation for my friend, i wrote in the licese i created that all ur property belongs to me after u agree...

he didnt read and agreed clicked,

till today i m arguing with hm for his property :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom