Do Pirated games lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parth.khopkar96

The Dark Knight
Is it true that pirated games lag? My friend ran gta IV (pirated) on his comp and got too much lag but when he ran an original copy it was perfect. I did not see this myself..but is it right?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Oh there's more.

I wouldn't really trust those shady guys. Who knows what kind of keylogging crap they put in. You'll never know unless you know how to figure it out. If you're looking for the ultimate clean, good luck with that getting it from those guys. It could be because the game is compressed/sloppy rip offs/stuff. Point is that you can't really expect the same/similar experience.

Then again, why would anyone buy a pirated version of a game which costs.. what? 400 bucks on retail? Avoid giving money to such pirates. God knows what they must be doing it with that money and funding for what crimes or whatever.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
It really depends on the type of copy protection. Operation Flashpoint had a copy protection called FADE . Now FADE's specialty was that the game's performance would degrade as you played over time, until you could no longer play it (insane loading times,horrible frame rates,weapon accuracy goes to ZERO etc).

I'm not sure if GTA IV employs FADE though.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i can see where this will lead to...

if you have the original it will definitely perform better because it will get all the updates, bug fixes etc. + you can easily play multiplayer online

pirated games have key loggers,virus etc, they might not be updated so can be buggy and crash etc.

buy original , be safe + give the deserving developers some money for their hard work

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom