Do I reinstall Avast! Free Antivirus to get vivus protection?

lisasctt4

Right off the assembly line
I send my computer for in a repair shop this summer they not so great around my neighborhood is my opinion and I don't think my dad is going to go back there again.The guys where the ones that put vivus protection on my computer and its call avast! Free Antivius it suppose to protect against vivus and spyware.Once in an while I just click quick scan and Full system scan that's all its about to expire today and then I would have to select base protection which I don't know what's that or register the full protection which is 19.99 I won't paid it I also can't open Mozilla Firefox it keep saying that they encounter a problem so I'm using Internet explorer.How can you guys help me out? Please no scan I don't know what type of Antivirus I have but I stop by a page and this is a link of how it looks like the only thing is that it never did said additional protection on the screen everything else is good.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try another browser, like Chrome or Opera.
You don't need to register Avast free edition antivirus. Cause it's free.

PS: Please use full stops where needed. You won't run out of it.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@op use chrome instead of ie also microsoft security essentials or panda cloud antivirus instead of avast finally check ur windows firewall is enabled

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Register for free here-
Register avast! Free Antivirus

and scan using a online AV-
HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Yep, simply click the register button on Avast Panel. Just enter a valid ID, that's all. Using Avast since 1.5 years now, it is the best free antivirus you can get.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My recommendation goes with Avira - I've been using it for 6 years now and the best part is there's no need for any registration - simply install and use ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
I also vote fop avira. Simple yet powerful.
Also if nothing works then uninstall avast completely, download the free version, install it and then register.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Avira is as good as Avast when it comes to malware detection, but Avast offers more features like Real time Shields, Sandbox which no free antivirus provide at the moment. Was using Avira till I came to know about Avast.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Avira is as good as Avast when it comes to malware detection, but Avast offers more features like Real time Shields, Sandbox which no free antivirus provide at the moment. Was using Avira till I came to know about Avast.

real time shields is just another name for the basic protection antivirus offers. but yes, sandbox is something which no other Free AV offers. but the spyware detection of Avast is still low compared to Avira.

tkin

Back to school!!
I send my computer for in a repair shop this summer they not so great around my neighborhood is my opinion and I don't think my dad is going to go back there again.The guys where the ones that put vivus protection on my computer and its call avast! Free Antivius it suppose to protect against vivus and spyware.Once in an while I just click quick scan and Full system scan that's all its about to expire today and then I would have to select base protection which I don't know what's that or register the full protection which is 19.99 I won't paid it I also can't open Mozilla Firefox it keep saying that they encounter a problem so I'm using Internet explorer.How can you guys help me out? Please no scan I don't know what type of Antivirus I have but I stop by a page and this is a link of how it looks like the only thing is that it never did said additional protection on the screen everything else is good.
Use avast(version 6), and what the hell is a "Vivus?"

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Using Avast over an year now. Saved me a couple of times when I visited infected sites. I am not sure if web / file / mail / network / P2P etc shields are just renamed protection layers offered by other free antivirus as most free antivirus offer email shield as an upgrade option. Also boot time scan is also missing in other free antivirus.

But people are entitled to have different opinions about products :)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
for free antivirus my vote goes to Microsoft security essentials for paid Kaspersky i think it has best detection rates & for corporate users Trend micro officescan

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
I think that's piracy is that allowed here:shock:

Re : Piracy ( and any linked content / website ) is not not allowed in TDF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
I do not know any rules about Thinkdigit. I neither know what is allowed or not here. I am here to just help any person in need. I never said him to download or get serial key from that website, I just made him known of that website. Everyone knows that Alcohol is harmful. If I talk about alcohol then it wont do any harm to me but if I use it , only then it is gonna harm me. So u should consider this things bro :)

^You don;t know any rules of Thinkdigit ? Better learn them fast or else you might get into trouble. Whatever the case may be, you should never mention any site/content/whatevers about piracy.

Piyush

Lanaya
I do not know any rules about Thinkdigit. I neither know what is allowed or not here. I am here to just help any person in need.
Helping someone is good
but you dont have to find a wrong path to do so
I never said him to download or get serial key from that website, I just made him known of that website.
Its like telling a robber "Hey bro, there's no one in that house right now and the family there is rich "
So got the point?
Everyone knows that Alcohol is harmful. If I talk about alcohol then it wont do any harm to me but if I use it , only then it is gonna harm me. So u should consider this things bro :)

well right now YOU have to consider reading the basic RULES of this FORUM
or else there is Spacebook/Myface/Twipper for this stuff

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not know any rules about Thinkdigit. I neither know what is allowed or not here. I am here to just help any person in need. I never said him to download or get serial key from that website, I just made him known of that website. Everyone knows that Alcohol is harmful. If I talk about alcohol then it wont do any harm to me but if I use it , only then it is gonna harm me. So u should consider this things bro :)

well - every forums has some specific rules and members should read and obey those and now it's time to read the rules :

Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Announcements in Forum : Software Q&A

Nothing related to piracy should be discussed - remember this in future -

if your only intention is to help OP then you could have done it in other ways and there's plenty of good free AV products out there - so no need for old and outdated versions of paid AV products which keys are blacklisted.

For anyone looking for Free Av's with Shield get anyone this :

AVG Anti-virus
Avast Anti-virus
Comodo Anti-virus
Avira Anti-virus

there may be few more free good Avs and Malware Scanners out there which are also good - if these does not fulfill your anyone's requirements then consider getting ( by buying it ) the latest version of any paid AV product - if you have any other non legitimate methods in mind for getting paid AV products for free then just don't discuss those here ;-)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's okay that you wanted to help. But this forum does NOT allow such things in posts. Simple reason. Piracy is illegal.

Top Bottom