Dlink 2750u USB Storage FTP over WAN

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
try this then.port forward ftp port 21 to 192.168.1.1(your modem's homepage) & see if it works.

when i did changes and saved i got message "since port 21 is used, the broadband ftp server port will be moved to 2121"
now tell me the address i should use to access...

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
the usual 21.post any error message when using command prompt.
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\somename>ftp somename.dyndns.org:21
Unknown host somename.dyndns.org:21.
ftp> quit
==================================================

C:\Users\somename>ftp somenamedyndns.org
Connected to somename.dyndns.org.
220 Ftp firmware update utility
User (somename.dyndns.org:(none)): karthik
331 Password please.
Password:
421 Login incorrect.
421 Login incorrect.
Connection closed by remote host.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
are you using a pc/laptop with firewall(or behind a router) to access the ftp?i am assuming that pc/laptop you are using is not connected to 2750u.if yes then disable firewall/remove router & then try.remove the port forward setting first.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
are you using a pc/laptop with firewall(or behind a router) to access the ftp?i am assuming that pc/laptop you are using is not connected to 2750u.if yes then disable firewall/remove router & then try.remove the port forward setting first.

LOCATION 1: PC<=>BSNL (WA3002G4)
LOCATION 2: PC<=>BSNL (DLINK 2750u)

port forward works, i've tested it with online checking tool...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
remove port forward rule/go back to original config before port forwarding.configure the modem in bridge mode & disable the pc firewall on the pc from which you are trying to access 2750u.if this is troublesome then use a gps/3g connection on the pc to access 2750u.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
remove port forward rule/go back to original config before port forwarding.configure the modem in bridge mode & disable the pc firewall on the pc from which you are trying to access 2750u.if this is troublesome then use a gps/3g connection on the pc to access 2750u.

Bridge mode??? I have multiple computers and so the modem is is auto connect mode (bsnl user and pass entered in broadband, no need to dial manually)
btw how to check ftp on android web browser(Dolphin)
will check tomorrow, happy new year!!!

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
happy new year to you too.any web browser should be able to access ftp.use same syntax ftp://myusername@somename.dyndns.org/.

see this..I don't understand why i'm unable to login, i type correct user & pass but its displaying the same windows again and again...
b.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^you tried this from a gps/3g connection?as a last resort just to rule out anything from modem side configure wa3002 in bridge mode,disable pc firewall & then dial connection from pc 1 to connect to net.if still no success then try no-ip instead of dyndns like in my post#2 link.you can also pm @Rajesh345 to know what exactly is difference between your way & his way of asus rt-n13u.

P.S.my net connection was down & hence the late reply.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
^^you tried this from a gps/3g connection?as a last resort just to rule out anything from modem side configure wa3002 in bridge mode,disable pc firewall & then dial connection from pc 1 to connect to net.if still no success then try no-ip instead of dyndns like in my post#2 link.you can also pm @Rajesh345 to know what exactly is difference between your way & his way of asus rt-n13u.

P.S.my net connection was down & hence the late reply.

I'll try via USB tethering the 3G connection...and my Broadband (Dlink 2750u ) doesn't support no-ip only dyndns, and i cant install dd-wrt on that...:cry:
but i can connect via ftp to other sites, like driveHQ, etc....
not able to login my router usb port's storage ftp site, idk why...

i messaged him....

Top Bottom