divX conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

very simple

Right off the assembly line
how to convert .dat files into divX format?

I am using VirtualDub and this is how it tried.
First open .dat file, change compression to divX, "don't know about sound compression", save as AVI? (that only thing it shows in file menu). i am not sure.

Kindly help!

go4inet

In the zone
Hi & Welcome to Digit Forums !

My Humble opinion would always be "Google Search" ( thts wht my siggy words say :lol: )

Anyways, where is simple query i used on Google Search :
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=convert+.dat+to+divx&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Here is the best link ( Turotial Link ) :

Tutorial - Convert VCD DAT to DivX
Link : *www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/convert/dat/divx.php

Hope tht helps you ! Always remember one thing "Google is your best Pal"

Regards,
Vinay

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Search The Forum Mate Plzzz That's My Siggie Words..... :lol:

Anyways I dont Suppose That Virtual Dub Directly Supports The .dat Files....first Convert Them Into .mpg Files and Then Carry On......Download Perfect Codec Packs and Then Use The Best Codec That u need (Xvid Would do for now).....For Audio U can USe Mpeg Layer 3 128Kbps 16Hz Or 44Hz......And Then Save The File as .AVi.......This was Just a Small Description......For More Info Try Browsing The FOrum or Try This site For all Sorts Of Conversion Tips *www.videohelp.com/guides.php?tools...=0&listallusers=&search=Search+or+List+Guides

Enjoy Ur Conversion 8)

skrbhatt

Broken In
Well Hi guys,
I have a weird problem at hand, I have a couple of ripped movies, which are of course in avi (divx) format. I need to burn them on to the cd’s in vcd format so that they play on my cd player. I tried the ‘power vcd converter’ and also tried to encode using ‘Nero’, but the image quality seems poor. Is there any software that does this conversion, keeping the original quality? Please help. It is better if it’s available on one of the digit’s earlier cd’s.
Thanks.
P.S. Please help the tsunami victims.

hafees

In the zone
DivX uses high compression using complex algorithms. (that is y u can not play a divx movie on a p100 or p200 in high quaility). And thus it achieves that compression. But VCDs can hold only 80 Minutes of video. a 2 hour divx movie can not be recorded on a single CD.

if u dont mind the number of CDs then the best way would be conveting the DVD directly to .dat or .mpg. almost all dvd ripping s/w allow this. but s/w for divx to .dat or .mpg is not that easy to find. you can save the compressed videos into normal avi using Virtuadub and may then use a s/w for converting avi to mpg. (yeah i know it is not a good way to solve).
if some one have some idea pls ..............

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Here's The Answer For Ya Mate......TMPGEnc......When I started out with this forum i had the same query.....but in due time I learned that This software was the best there is to convert .avi or divx files to normal .mpg files i.e the Vcd Format.....But retaining The Quality is kinda difficult or impossible.....cause the compression it uses is very high and hence when decompressing Its not the same quality that u obtain as The Original File.....the most u can do is Some amount of colour correction or Some Other Adjustmenst to Picture Quality but Thats all :D.....So mate Try This software (by just googling for it) and after creating The .mpg files outta this u can just simply burn Em on Using Nero :D
Just Search The Forum and Will get Tons of guides for it too or try www.videohelp.com it will assist u with Using TMPGenc :) So Happy Brunin Mate 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom