Ditch Turbo C++ use Relo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice..but dev c++ is better..shed some blood.....
I guess Zeeshan should have posted this in bold in the first post:

Dev C++ is a compiler that follows international current ISO standards for C++ programming. But Indian students are forced to use the age old made in 1991 Turbo C++ 3.0 which follows the obsolete and non valid borland compiler standard. Thus they need something in that useless angle for passing examinations. So they need to use Relo and BCPP5.0 to get a FREE IDE to practice with.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Of course, if you use non-standard TC code, it won't work. Or if you use windows based libraries.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@nitish
lolzugoingcrazynow

Do one thing exclude every friggin clrscr etc calls. And compile your code in terminal using
gcc -Wall -pedantic filename.c
It will give you a comprehensive sh!t to clear out.

And remember to use fucntions that prevent buffer overflow. Dont use strcmp but use other variant strncmp.

GCC 4.3 onwards has very strict checking and your bad code can cause segmentation fault if any stack smashing is detected.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
wich is best compiler for graphics in c.....apart frm tc....m stuck on it for long...

ps: some1 plz help me out....m not able 2 exec graphics using turbo c in my tablet pc.....n i hv my simulation projects now....can i use any other c/c++ compiler for graphics?

Enjoy~!

Last edited:

godzilla33

Right off the assembly line
[xubz];660834 said:
You didn't read the Readme that came with the Compiler did you? :rolleyes:

Code:
Installing and running the Command Line Tools
-----------------------------------------------

2. From the bin directory of your installation:
   a. Add "c:\Borland\Bcc55" 
      to the existing path
Do that. (Always RTFM!)

Either my English is really bad or the above sentence does not make any sense. (not your fault xubz, its from the original Borland documentation).

WTF does it mean to say "From the bin directory of your installation, add "c:\Borland\Bcc55" to the existing path"????

Does it mean the Windows Path environment variable? and what does it mean to do this "from the bin directory...." ?

Please someone clear my confusion.. I am still getting "unable to include <stdio.h>"

pushkar

Journeyman
Guys whenever I click on Make and Run in relo, the cpp file opens up in notepad. I am also not able to find the linked exe file which i could run. Any help?

I just saw it is unable to make, link and run my particular program. Some programs are being linked and run easily. I guess it has something to do with the program. Where am I going wrong?

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman
Sorry to bump, but i have a problem - I think i did everything you've mentioned - installed both to default directories C\Program Files\Borland\BC55, similiar thing with relo.
Made the 2 .cfg files and copied them to both \bin and the BC55 folder. While writing just
<code>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <conio.h>
void main()
{
cout << "\n Hello World";
getch();
}
</code>

I got the following error :

Unresolved external 'WinMain' referenced from C:\Borland\BCC55\LIB\C0W32.OBJ

What am I doing wrong?

Nishant

Broken In
WinMain error means that you must have started a windows gui application project instead of console application..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom