Disk space lost!

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Hey guys,
In the previous month, I got the disk usage of my computer down to the 80-90 GB range. Then suddenly today I noticed this:
*i.imgur.com/Vp5O7.png?1

Need help!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Use SpaceSniffer (Google it) to find the folder which is talking the maximum space.
And/ Or post a screenshot of the spacesniffer after it scans the disk in question completely.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Ok, discovered that FRAPS had taken up a lot of disk space in movies, but why? not more than 5 minutes, and the movies became 5GB in size!! Just deleted all the movies from FRAPS, and now I am down to 91.4 GB again...

Now desktop is only 1.5 GB

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
That's from my father's account (can't touch that). but why did FRAPS movies take up so much disk space? I tried recording CS1.6 games at 60 FPS

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Run a cleanup. Go to start > run > type cleanmgr.exe /sagerun:3

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
@All, original problem solved, thanks!!
Now please someone explain to me why FRAPS movies should take up 64 GB of space???

tkin

Back to school!!
@All, original problem solved, thanks!!
Now please someone explain to me why FRAPS movies should take up 64 GB of space???
Because FRAPs catches almost RAW file, it does not have time or processing power to convert the files on the fly, hence the raw file is recorded to disk.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok, discovered that FRAPS had taken up a lot of disk space in movies, but why? not more than 5 minutes, and the movies became 5GB in size!! Just deleted all the movies from FRAPS, and now I am down to 91.4 GB again...

Now desktop is only 1.5 GB

Congo on reclaiming the space.
As far as the size of the recordings from FRAPS is concerned, try lowering the video FPS to a more justifiable 24 fps.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
That's from my father's account (can't touch that). but why did FRAPS movies take up so much disk space? I tried recording CS1.6 games at 60 FPS

FRAPS records lossless videos, the file is raw and not encoded. FRAPS is famous for its fabulous recording quality.

Top Bottom