Discussion about films (mainly indian).

quan chi

mortal kombat
Discussion about film industry (mainly indian).

Like the title says from acting to direction everything matters here. You can discuss about the best actors, directors, musicians, scrip writers, stories etc related to the film industry.

Here you don't name a film and review it in two lines. Here you name your favourite filmmaker, actor, musician etc etc & discuss about them.

However you can make comparisons but please don't fight or argue with vague facts that may lead the discussion to any other track. This is not a fight club.

If you have anything in your mind related to the indian (mainly) or any other film fraternity you can post it here and it will be open for discussion.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Yeah liked Dilwale trailer. Epic. If the brother relationship is anything like Hrithing and SRK in K3G, then full paisa vasool.
We have some brilliant masterminds here. Even Jean-Luc Godard needed a girl and a gun to make a movie, Prabhudeva only needed a girl and a coconut.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Okay let me start.

Movie: Baby Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Like some of the guys over there are saying how the fck such an average movie gets a score above 8? Are the people in india really that much naive? Like we all have some personal experiences people here even even rates some garbage above 8. Rating a movie like this above 8 means a insult to a lot of other movies.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
cannot say people's subjective opinions are wrong
these are incredibly talented teams making movies catering to the sensibilities of a particular audience.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
making movies catering to the sensibilities of a particular audience.

Exactly thats my point thats what I am asking. Are the average movie going indians immature when it comes to movies or Its the view of the makers and thus they makes movies like these. Or both are true. Moreover at the IMDB discussion forum too I have seen people even don't understand the question properly & just responds garbage to any foreign critique.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Lol I read the discussion for Baby on the imdb boards... yeah people get angry and swear and don't know how to have a civilized discussion on line. I guess some people stay illiterate even after being educated.
but it is not the fault of the filmmakers, if the audience demanded something else, they would do that.
it's the fault of the audience then, this is what they like, this is what they expect. Within those constraints, Baby is relatively excellent, when compared to something like Entertainment.

At the same time, there are such silly things even in Avengers, Avatar, Star Trek... they just are a different kind of silly

well, good movies are made in India, mostly screened in film festivals, not for mass audience

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Avengers can take the liberty of being silly at times as its based on comics. But the same cannot be said for a political thriller.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes, I think the main thing what makes bollywood unpalatable for me is that they try to cram in every type of emotion into every type of movie.. There will be a romance scene, a comedy scene, a dance scene, a music scene, an intense scene, a thrilling scene, a sad scene in every bollywood movie..
This rarely happens in hollywood movies, schindler's list will stay schindler's list, it wont have to bring about unnecessary emotions that is not part of the original theme of the movie..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You have nailed this really good. Cramming just about everything to cater to just about anyone is THE thing which mostly result in garbage.
About Bollywood movies, without going into my hate speech I would instead like to say that there ARE real gems here too. Rang De Basanti comes at the top of my mind. Epic story, Epic songs, directed in epic fashion. That is a masterpiece in recent times. I also recently came to know about the uniqueness of Anurag Kashyap movies. Ugly was as I like to call it, "a dark movie at its finest".

Rang De Basanti came from Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who also came out with Delhi 6 and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag later, both of them I liked it.

But more recently what blown me away was the film, "Bajrangi Bhaijaan". From Kabir Khan, I didn't expect anything. Nothing at all. And yet the film managed me to watch it 3 times, in theater. Though the newcomer, Harshaali Malhotra and the awesome Nawazuddin Siddiqui plays a big part in it too. Overall, I can see that most of Bollywood throw out is garbage, yet alongside that, it does manage to spit some memorables. But it's an exception rather than norm.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Bajrangi bhaijaan is a simple & clean film. I think people liked it because its the only film (of salman khan) in years with a script & a story.
Anyways anurag kashyap's some movies are good & some just lacks logic at some places but nevertheless interesting to watch. He made a film called "paanch" which was never released but its available in you tube do see it if you are interested. It falls in the second category.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Something fishy is going on at IMDB. All the positive & nearly 10/10 reviews (probably paid) of Dhoom 3 (the garbage of 2013) is getting stacked up in the front pages & all the negative reviews are pushed to the last pages.
Its a request to you all if possible please go to IMDB & at least rate the movie below 5 so that the average rating falls below 5 for this garbage. Please do not tolerate movies like these.Even many 5 rated movies are far better than this.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
^just start using rottentomatoes

The audience score there is perfect. Please go & rate the movie below 5 at IMDB all those who have not rated it yet.If possible review it too.
At least put your voice forward by discarding garbage like these.
BTW in case if you have not noticed the chicago bank & the indian circus biulding both are same I think.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Didn't know where else to post this. A good initiative, I guess?

Jaitley wants 'controversy-free' Censor Board; stage set for revamp

Top Bottom