netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
I use a transcend 16GB pendrive recently it got infected by virus so i removed them with anti virus.The problem is that now i can find only find the short cuts to the files that were present in the drive.I solved that problem by going to folder options and checked the show hidden files and unchecked the hide system files options.Now I can see the files but i can't un hide them. Here's a photo to show what i mean errr.jpg
Can some one tell a way to unhide them.
Please Help!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
keep backup of important files .. preferably non exceutable files and then format the PD in linux. Scan the HDD using using a AV rescue disc to make sure your windows OS is free from virus.

gameranand

Living to Play
You can use Attribute Changer to make the files visible again. You just have to Uncheck the System File and Hidden File in the Attribute. :)

OP
netizen3000

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Thanks guys for all your advice,my files are unhide now thanks to vignesh definitely +1 for your method bro:-D
:lol:

Vignesh B

Youngling
Can you explain what this command is for?
In a nutshell, it will un-hide all the files present on the drive.
-s : Clears the system file attribute.
-h : Clears the hidden file attribute.
-r : Clears the read-only file attribute.
/s : Applies attrib and any command-line options to matching files in the current directory and all of its subdirectories.
/d : Applies attrib and any command-line options to directories.
* : Wildcard character

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Can you explain what this command is for?

This is the command used by win32 system for changing attribute of file/folders (which happens in background)...e.g: hiding
that's y Microsoft hide these commands to users...so that nothing is messed in the system.

Top Bottom