Disabling Ads in IE10

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Does Adblock Plus works on IE10 the same way as in Chrome? It didn't in IE9 , the Indian railways website kept popping up ads :evil:

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Got bored with them. Although IE is no match for Chrome's portability (Signing in with Google account) & Firefox's always there but I want to give IE a try. I was using IE9 primarily until my GPU starting showing some issues. But recently after a fresh install of Windows 7 , everything looks great & I like the pinning websites to taskbar of IE9 onwards. Thats y.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Had but Windows Vista. Somehow I got a OEM version of Windows 7 from a friend who hasn't used it. :D Cut the crap & give me your advice.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Configuring the hosts file is the best possible solution. No need for extra add-ons.
Something like MVPS hosts also helps in fending off unwanted connections.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice to know about that and @ MVPS hosts - thanks for the MVPS hosts - need to try it out but some anti spyware apps uses the hosts file in the same way ( adds lots of entries of malicious sites ) .

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ nice to know about that and @ MVPS hosts - thanks for the MVPS hosts - need to try it out but some anti spyware apps uses the hosts file in the same way ( adds lots of entries of malicious sites ) .
I have been using the MVPS hosts since 4 years in conjunction with various Internet security solutions(both paid & free) combined with safe browsing habits and have never been infected. The hosts file is updated almost every month.
Do try it out and give your feedback.
On a side note, I sometimes feel that blocking all the ads is kind of unethical. Many websites solely rely on ads to survive. Its more of a give and take policy. Especially if one has an unlimited connection, with decent enough bandwidth, he can allow ads at least for his favorite websites.

Top Bottom