Disable Intel HD 4000

Ronnie

Right off the assembly line
My new ASUS K55VM laptop now has a string of issues. The most important one being gaming.

My system boasts of a nVidia 630M 2GB dedicated card but it still can't handle old games like mirror's edge or GTA 4. I have a 3rd gen Intel core and hence the Optimus feature of the Ivy Bridge that kicks in the dedicated graphics only when needed.
Can I somehow disable this and make my dedicated card the default? As of now i dont think my card kicks in, even while playing GTA 4.

The other issue is overheating. The computer shuts off itself due to the heat. I i\live in delhi and the mean temperature is about 38 here.

What do i do? Should i contact the manufacturer?

kisame

King of Heroes
My new ASUS K55VM laptop now has a string of issues. The most important one being gaming.
My system boasts of a nVidia 630M 2GB dedicated card but it still can't handle old games like mirror's edge or GTA 4. I have a 3rd gen Intel core and hence the Optimus feature of the Ivy Bridge that kicks in the dedicated graphics only when needed.
Can I somehow disable this and make my dedicated card the default? As of now i dont think my card kicks in, even while playing GTA 4.
The other issue is overheating. The computer shuts off itself due to the heat. I i\live in delhi and the mean temperature is about 38 here.
What do i do? Should i contact the manufacturer?

Intel HD cant be disabled.
Contact the manufacturer since the its a defective piece.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Looks like a defective piece. BTW have you checked in BIOS for any options to disable Intel IGP.

Top Bottom