Dirt 3 Discussion Thread

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
One more trick I discovered is that manual transmission makes Gymkhana a lot easier. I found it useful in races too.

If you know driving, manual transmission is always helpful, particularly in simulations and rallies.

tkin

Back to school!!
There is a major bug in Dirt3.USB keyboards or wireless keyboard users are getting ingame keyboard freeze so the cars take unwanted turns during the races.But there is no problem with PS2 keyboards.codemasters are yet to resolve this issue.Even the first update didnt fix it.
I don't know, I am using a G110 USB keyboard, and no such issues so far, latest patch had been applied(the first patch).

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Playing and loving the game. Its easier than the previous one and graphics are gorgeous at least. Car reflection, snow effects and all that are awesome. Although I miss my garage. Now developers have given me very little choice in terms of cars as I have to choose a car from the one developers have given for that particular event and quite honestly I hate this bullsh1t. If I love a car then I want to race most races with that but apart from this I haven't found a single issue. Its also welcome from newbies and in casual mode it seems like they are spoon feeding the game to you. Go to intermediate and there you got all the hell of trouble.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Just installed the Game....Yet to touch the Multiplayer, but single player is great, but lot easier than Dirt 2....And there is even auto steering and stuffs in Casual Mode. :shock: Visuals are awesome.... :D

Anyway, how to make use of DX11 in this game? Any ideas?

tkin

Back to school!!
Just installed the Game....Yet to touch the Multiplayer, but single player is great, but lot easier than Dirt 2....And there is even auto steering and stuffs in Casual Mode. :shock: Visuals are awesome.... :D

If you have a DX11 card and Win 7/vista DX11 is automatically selected, now max visuals out as much as you can.

PS: You may experience rampant crashes, if so you need to edit cfg file to go to DX9, like I had to, ironic, for a DX11 game.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
soumo27 said:
You don't have to do anything its automatic. You just need to have a DX 11 card which you already have according to your siggy. :)

soumo27

If you have a DX11 card and Win 7/vista DX11 is automatically selected, now max visuals out as much as you can.

PS: You may experience rampant crashes, if so you need to edit cfg file to go to DX9, like I had to, ironic, for a DX11 game.

Probably the ultra settings, like Dirt 2.

You don't have to do anything its automatic. You just need to have a DX 11 card which you already have according to your siggy. :)

Ah I see... I'm getting an avg of 52-55 fps in high settings with no v-sync...And visuals are already great.. Don't think I should be playing on ultra.. :???:

Well the Multiplayer servers are very easy to find and there's no lag, too.. :mrgreen:

mitraark

Decrepit
Ah I see... I'm getting an avg of 52-55 fps in high settings with no v-sync...And visuals are already great.. Don't think I should be playing on ultra.. :???:

Well the Multiplayer servers are very easy to find and there's no lag, too.. :mrgreen:

Are all the textuure rederring properly on your 6670 ?? I can play at high settings , 720p , everything's fine , except the sun looks like a bloody [ I mean as red as blood ] egg [ Shaped like an egg ] :|

tkin

Back to school!!
Are all the textuure rederring properly on your 6670 ?? I can play at high settings , 720p , everything's fine , except the sun looks like a bloody [ I mean as red as blood ] egg [ Shaped like an egg ] :|
Get the latest update, that fixed the bloody sun issue.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
LOL I am damn lucky with game or what. I haven't faced any issues with this game till date and I have completed Season 3. No Bloody sun, no crashes and no issues whatsoever. :p

soumo27

No I have faced no issues, no crashes, nothing.... :D
And the game runs like butter at 1366*768. :p

Well any way to get the Monte Carlo DLC and other ones through Steam?

tkin

Back to school!!
God damn it, I have everything maxed out and get crashes like anything, on dx9 its a bit less though.

abhidev

Human Spambot
dirt 2 was bit tougher....is it the same case with dirt3....are the cars now easy to handle as compared to the cars in dirt2...

soumo27

^^Well in Casual mode with auto steer and ABS or something on, even a child can control the car... :D

At least the game should be played on Intermediate with auto steer off!

tkin

Back to school!!
dirt 2 was bit tougher....is it the same case with dirt3....are the cars now easy to handle as compared to the cars in dirt2...
Dirt 2 was easy, but car handling in Dirt 3 is similar to that of Dirt 2, drifting however is a pita.

Top Bottom