Dirt 3 Discussion Thread

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't, because this is a RALLY GAME!!! :D

Actually I have a strong disgust about FPSes.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Skud said:
I can't, because this is a RALLY GAME!!!

Well I am more of RPG guy but still damn this game is one of the best can't miss this one at any cost.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
soumo27 said:
So this game is having split screen for the pc version??
Yes it have split screen MP on both online and offline I guess. Also It have a party mode which would be fun. :) ;)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I can't, because this is a RALLY GAME!!! :D

I'm more of a purist racer than FPS-er. I just post about FPS genre in this forum, I don't venture into my racing genre here.

Ossum racer, me.

This a secret, I've long kept away from this forum.

Cars [Racing, especially] > Gurls [Meh]

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm more of a purist racer than FPS-er. I just post about FPS genre in this forum, I don't venture into my racing genre here.

Ossum racer, me.

This a secret, I've long kept away from this forum.

Cars [Racing, especially] > Gurls [Meh]

Actually ever since the first Colin McRae Rally I am hooked to rally. And so far haven't found an arcade racer to actually compete with it.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Great then... I will be getting this after my entrances.. :grin:

Also there is something called Gymkhana in this game....Can any1 shed light on it??:?:

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
NVIDIAGeek said:

Ossum racer, me.
Yeah I figured that out when you posted that Grid was too easy for you because for me that is hard. Well beating the guy wasn't the hard part damn the hard part for me was completing the damn race with minor or even major damage. :)):))

soumo27 said:
Also there is something called Gymkhana in this game....Can any1 shed light on it??
That is more of doing drifts and nut stuff in a particular area and getting maximum points. See the gameplay videos of that particular race type. I have already posted them in this thread

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Wasn't it supposed to release today? Guys I totally suck at racing games because they are absolutely unforgiving. Even if you make one tiny mistake, you know you can not win. But I still pre-ordered this game on nextworld.in. Anyone else getting it?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys this looks pretty awesome to me:-

[youtube]AZ8G2g_RTds[/youtube]

It gives a whole a new meaning to vehicular CTF ;) Any UT fans here?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Dirt 3 online toll set at $10 for second-hand users
Codemasters confirms multiplayer-enabling one-time-use VIP Pass comes with new copies of off-road racer, used games require $10 code.

haha....I liked this one.....Sad for second hand users....LOL :))

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Guys any news on when this is coming out?
BTW, if I found GRID (1) frustrating, will I ever like this game?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chances are you probably like arcade racers more and will find this game tough. Have you played any rally games earlier?

mitraark

Decrepit
Wow , this game looks really good , even on a 5670 , the cars are so detailed and really the sim has been done well , especially the Rally ! The cars are all different in handling and other features , and the musicis nice too.
Although i cannot yet say its a must play game , haven't played much yet and because so many games come out ,but this one definitely is really very good .

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I also found Grid tough and frustrating/. But I enjoyed Dirt 2 . :p
I am glad to hear that since I have already preordered Dirt-3.
BTW, I have never played a rally game before. But I have heard that this game has a flashback feature. That might just help me a lot. I often forget to break in GRID and crash just before the finish line, that too when I am leading, that too after spending a long time on the race.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also found Grid tough and frustrating/. But I enjoyed Dirt 2 . :p

For more frustrations try the previous Grid games under the Toca Race Driver title. You will beg for mercy to win a race. A single error (and you will commit one sooner than later) and you are finishing at the back of pack.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
For more frustrations try the previous Grid games under the Toca Race Driver title. You will beg for mercy to win a race. A single error (and you will commit one sooner than later) and you are finishing at the back of pack.
Yes, that is what I found frustrating about GRID too. No matter how well I drove, other drivers would always remain right behind me. And if I made even a single mistake, I would have no chance of winning the race.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am glad to hear that since I have already preordered Dirt-3.
BTW, I have never played a rally game before. But I have heard that this game has a flashback feature. That might just help me a lot. I often forget to break in GRID and crash just before the finish line, that too when I am leading, that too after spending a long time on the race.

It will come handy.

Off Topic: anybody knows what happened to Grid 2?

Top Bottom