Dirt 3 Discussion Thread

abhidev

Human Spambot
Looks like the vehicle in this one has much more control as compared to Dirt-2...the tracks look awesome for sure

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Yes. Developers are putting every minor details in terms of vehicle control. They are taking care of all the factors even weight and other aspects of ant cars.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Updated first post and added info about release date and Undead race and multiplayer aspect.

tkin

Back to school!!
OMG!! If this is the game graphics then this really looks so awesome, eden games(tdu 2) should learn from these guys, looks so beautiful and the rain looks so good, the mist effect, never seen anything like this before, and I thought nfshp rain effects looked good.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
tkin said:
If this is the game graphics then this really looks so awesome
Yes they are.
Have you played Dirt 2 ?? If not play it. It will also took your brains out Trust me.

cyborg47

Technomancer
OMG!! If this is the game graphics then this really looks so awesome, eden games(tdu 2) should learn from these guys, looks so beautiful and the rain looks so good, the mist effect, never seen anything like this before, and I thought nfshp rain effects looked good.

I feel sad, people compare games this way, not giving a $hit of what kind of games they are. TDU2 is an sandbox racing game!..and dirt 3 is normal racing game with single tracks (not sure what the name is :p).

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Dirt 3 have many other races besides this Point to point racing. Well yes most are point to point but still its a damn good game. Don't know whether they are including free roam or not but snow races are pretty good.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^ He was only correcting my post, not talking anything bad about the game, or anything about point to point racing games. I was talking about the graphics comparision people usually do.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg47 said:
He was only correcting my post, not talking anything bad about the game, or anything about point to point racing games. I was talking about the graphics comparision people usually do.
Agreed. But bro graphics are there to compare arn't they?? If you can compare graphics of Crysis 2 with BF BC 3 then why not TDU2 and Dirt 3. As I know many graphic detailed game don't run at very high details at decent fps on ma PC but Dirt 2 worked like charm.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Its not rational, because TDU 2 is a open world sandbox style game. And in Dirt you will only stick to the tracks that the game has given you. In open world game, there will be more cars, more kilometers of road, game world will be full with 3d objects, higher drawdistances, etc. So, obiviously things will be less detailed in open world games.

Albeit. TDU2 performs worst and looks just okay.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ But man you gotta admit that TDU 2 looks average. See NFS HP2 or burnout paradise they look damn good even when they are free roam.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Agreed. But bro graphics are there to compare arn't they?? If you can compare graphics of Crysis 2 with BF BC 3 then why not TDU2 and Dirt 3. As I know many graphic detailed game don't run at very high details at decent fps on ma PC but Dirt 2 worked like charm.

:|
Comparisions should make sense, ...Crysis2/BF3 are shooters with similarities like huge open spaces (yet nice graphics), physics, destructions etc.
But TDU2 and dirt 3 are way different, the open world being one example.
There isnt much in point to point racing games, except for whats around the track and the car, but TDU 2 - refer to vamsi's post above.

Ever wondered why RPG games look average compared to linear shooters ones?..content!...more content-more difficult to fit in the eye candy.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I feel sad, people compare games this way, not giving a $hit of what kind of games they are. TDU2 is an sandbox racing game!..and dirt 3 is normal racing game with single tracks (not sure what the name is :p).

Hardcore racing games should be non -sandbox and restricted to tracks. Arcade racers should be sandbox like nfs hot pursuit or burnout paradise.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
vickybat said:
Hardcore racing games should be non -sandbox and restricted to tracks. Arcade racers should be sandbox like nfs hot pursuit or burnout paradise.
Yeah like Dirt series Grid, and Shift are hardcore and are concentrated to tracks only.

---------- Post added 06-03-2011 at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-03-2011 at 11:00 PM ----------

cyborg47 said:
Both..for countless hours
Mee too. Now I remember about each and every track of Dirt 2. Play it on extreme difficulty now for a challenge.

tkin

Back to school!!
:|
Comparisions should make sense, ...Crysis2/BF3 are shooters with similarities like huge open spaces (yet nice graphics), physics, destructions etc.
But TDU2 and dirt 3 are way different, the open world being one example.
There isnt much in point to point racing games, except for whats around the track and the car, but TDU 2 - refer to vamsi's post above.

Ever wondered why RPG games look average compared to linear shooters ones?..content!...more content-more difficult to fit in the eye candy.
Which rpg are you exactly referring? Mass effect 2? Fallout 3? None of them looked bad as far I can tell, and burnout paradise was an open world game, and looked a lot better, ran a lot better and had a better gameplay then tdu2, and lets say you forget about the open world part and compare the car handling of dirt 2 and tdu2 (here I'm assuming being open world does not mean that car handling should be a complete nuisance) I'd say dirt 2(or grid, nfs mw/c/shift/hp) car handling is miles better than tdu2, so I stand at my points firmly, TDU2 is cr@p as of performance, gameplay and story is concerned(a vallet, really??).

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

PS: Watch this video
[YOUTUBE]svr7WDFU-o4[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom