Dirt 3 Discussion Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
With all this DiRT 3 commotion I started playing DiRT 2 again, this time in DX11(last time played on 9800GTX+), and looks very good, runs good to, all maxed out @ 1680x1050 with 8X AA and DX11 mode I'm getting avg 50 FPs with 40 least, very good performance, finished all the X games, world tours and rally, trailblaze races, a few raid, rallycross left to go, very short game.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Looking forward to DiRT 3

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I am also playing Dirt 2 for 4th or 5th time I guess but still I ain't gonna give up on this game.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Which rpg are you exactly referring? Mass effect 2? Fallout 3? None of them looked bad as far I can tell, and burnout paradise was an open world game, and looked a lot better, ran a lot better and had a better gameplay then tdu2, and lets say you forget about the open world part and compare the car handling of dirt 2 and tdu2 (here I'm assuming being open world does not mean that car handling should be a complete nuisance) I'd say dirt 2(or grid, nfs mw/c/shift/hp) car handling is miles better than tdu2, so I stand at my points firmly, TDU2 is cr@p as of performance, gameplay and story is concerned(a vallet, really??).

I can't vouch for visuals as it was really lagging in my computer. But controls were pretty decent, particularly in hardcore mode. Tried 4-5 cars, they all handled differently and well.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Hey guys this is latest from Dirt 3
DiRT 3 - Kris Meeke Tries Kenya Sprint Rally Community Video (HD)

[YOUTUBE]3L6yAwWObv0[/YOUTUBE]

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I think handling won't be arcadey because its a serious Rally racing and its predecessor was a great success with semi simulation controls so I don't think codemasters would change that.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Here is Latest
Dirt 3 Limited Edition Costs $300
The limited edition bundle, available for the consoles, includes the copy of the game, which costs $60 on its own and a 1/16 scale Ken Block Fiesta R/C car.
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/115045_07dirt600.jpg

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
hey, i know its bad but i never got around to play dirt 2, but now i wanna play it. though i am a gamer, i am not that good on racing games thats why they have less priority in my buy list.
But i am gonna get first part first(haven't played it too). hows it?

Last edited:
OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Pyro said:
But i am gonna get first part first(haven't played it too). hows it?
If you are bad at racing games then skip Dirt 1 because its kinda hard and simulation type. Instead go for Grid and Dirt 2 they are semi simulator and very good games. Graphics wise they are the best.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
If you are bad at racing games then skip Dirt 1 because its kinda hard and simulation type. Instead go for Grid and Dirt 2 they are semi simulator and very good games. Graphics wise they are the best.
Lol, late at reply man. I already got dirt. its installing now. I have tried grid demo from the digit dvd. it was good, but was kind of difficult, car was flipping out all the time. though i got better and i am definitely gonna get it.
i suppose i am not bad at racing games, i just haven't had enough practice. I played shift a lot and its more on simulation side so... but burnout paradise is my
favorite racing game. and , yeah , it is total arcade.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Pyro said:
I already got dirt. its installing now. I have tried grid demo from the digit dvd. it was good, but was kind of difficult, car was flipping out all the time. though i got better and i am definitely gonna get it.
i suppose i am not bad at racing games, i just haven't had enough practice. I played shift a lot and its more on simulation side so...
Well then try it and see if you are easily able to control the cars. Grid is damn good game yes it take some time getting used to it but once you get to it its fun like hell.
Try Dirt 2 also very good rally racing game.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
allright man, DiRT is effin' awesome. I got hang of pretty quick too. It has the right balance of simulation and arcade. Visuals are a treat. All in all i am lovin' it. I am definitely gonna try DiRT 2 after i get through this.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Pyro said:
allright man, DiRT is effin' awesome. I got hang of pretty quick too. It has the right balance of simulation and arcade. Visuals are a treat. All in all i am lovin' it. I am definitely gonna try DiRT 2 after i get through this.
You see Dirt is a Rally racing. If you want street racing with similar controls and graphics then GRID is there at your disposal with all the elite cars which you'll miss in Dirt series because its a rally racing so try Grid if you want that controls on the street on your gallardo and murchilago alright. :)

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
You see Dirt is a Rally racing. If you want street racing with similar controls and graphics then GRID is there at your disposal with all the elite cars which you'll miss in Dirt series because its a rally racing so try Grid if you want that controls on the street on your gallardo and murchilago alright. :)
yeah man, i have played the GRID demo so I know about it. Cars doesn't matter that much, its the gameplay and fun that counts. I will get GRID full but i just wanna rally for now :D i might get it after one week.

Top Bottom