dimensions of cabinet

utkarsh009

In the zone
hello! can anyone list the dimensions (length x breadth x height) of mini tower, mid tower and full tower cabinets? which of these can accommodate amd radeon hd 6850? i dont know to which category my cabinet belongs as it is of a branded zenith pc. how to check it? (tell me the dimensions as i asked)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is something which should be Googled. We'll be googling it for you, but you can also Google this for yourself. I'll post here, wait a minute.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Mid-tower: Elite 335 - Cooler Master

Mini-tower: Elite 342 - Cooler Master

Dimensions vary from cabinet to cabinet. But this should give you a rough idea.

Now HD 6850 is ~10inch long.

*www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=534n7ajeu2suan9 The gap depicted by the blue arrow should be sufficient.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have a look at the link which I posted in my previous post.

and what is your PSU?

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@desiibond: so it should fit into 15 inch long cabinet.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

btw i will buy corsair vx450 or vx550 at the time of purchasing. now i have 250W psu.

d3p

PowerHouse
now the dimensions(outer) are 15.5 x 8 x 15 inch. here is the attached photograph:

will this be sufficient for amd radeon hd 6850?

Off Topic.

Guys, one thing can be noticed now.

i.e Don't cover your Cabinet with cloth, just in order to protect it from dust.

Covering cpu is just like making CPU breath his own **** & moreover the inside temperature swing high, which is just bad for the lifetime of the Mobo & Proc.

Here the case may be, such kind of cabinet doesn't come with a top air fins, but still on the other side, you have your SMPS mounted on the back top & SMPS requires proper airflow in order to cool himself & cloth blocks that hot air to move out.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
i dont have that extra cage for hdd at the bottom. what is the length of blue line btw? but there is the mobo and bunches of wire inside. btw what is the length of gts 450? how is it as compared to hd 5770? i may buy them also if budget doesnt allow me to go for hd6850.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. it should work well. Is possible, get an extra fan if you have a side or front vent for a fan and replace rear fan with a better one. that GPU might need a bit extra cooling

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you mean fan inside smps, it's better to add a good fan to push hot air out (at the vent next to I/O ports)

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok thanks! i will see whether there is a fan near i/o ports or not. if not then i will add it before purchasing the graphics card.

Top Bottom