Digital camera quick reference buying guide

quagmire

Allllright !
nac , Many new cameras launched in India.. It would be great if you update first post :) (with greater resolution or tables if possible)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Updated...

I have put bigger resolution table. If you can't see the full resolution, you can save it in your computer and see the full res. table if the letters are not visible enough to read.

quagmire

Allllright !
^Great work buddy :doublethumb:

Panasonic TZ40 is avilable. : Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40 18.1MP Point & Shoot Digital Camera (Red) - Buy @ Snapdeal.com

Can someone explain why Digit has given TZ40 only 3/5? It deserves atleast a 3.5/5 :|

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Oops!

I missed that... Ebay/Flipkart yet to list this model. And even official site (India) have no details about this camera.

It happens all the time. It's better to go with more expert reviews than just one. BTB, I have read about 9 rated reviews of TZ40, none of 'em are below 4/5 with an average of 4.6/5. That is something great, the best average I know of.

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys if I need to get a pocketable good cam under 10k ...no need of long zoom or manual options...which one would you suggest ...two people are asking me and I have lost the link to newer models

user will be my sister or father..looks are important

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
guys if I need to get a pocketable good cam under 10k ...no need of long zoom or manual options...which one would you suggest ...two people are asking me and I have lost the link to newer models

user will be my sister or father..looks are important

I Think you should increase ur budget by 2k and get TZ25. I dont think there is any other camera better in this range.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ What do you think? It's the same WX150 or IXUS 255. BTB, your dad was/is a dslr/slr user right? Do you think he would fancy this camera?

Oh! Yeah... As long as snapdeal offer is there, you can very well go for TZ25 (courtesy: srkmish :D) Actually you don't have to increase your budget :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes he was a dslr user...but he has been using sony P&S for last 5 years...he is just a casual user now...I was planning to get D7100 and give my D3100 to dad...but donno when I will have enough budget for that...
will check TZ25

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I still am a big fan of the canon sx170is and all. If the user is someone who has done serious photos before then a manual mode is a great thing to have.

Plus chdk and all means that in case you go for some event where you are not carrying your DSLR then you can still use this PS to get some good shots

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, there is no other camera to much in that price range.

WB100; H100/H200; LZ20/LZ30 all looks and performs so cheap. At least that's what the impression I have. No proper announcement, not a lot of details about the camera. Very little to no expert reviews.
Fuji makes entry level bridge camera around 10k but they still sticking with sensor based stabilization and videos from those cameras are not that good.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I just hope I could get my hands on D7100 and give my D3100+18-55+55-200 to dad :D

I want my final stock like this - D7100+11-16 f2.8+17-50 f2.8 +80-200 2.8 + 150-500 :D :D day dreaming ;)

angshu83

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

wanted to buy a new camera. budget is around 14-18K.
I have shortlisted few cams like Canon SX510/SX600, Nikon Coolpix P530 and Panasonic TZ30.
Camera should have good IQ, 20x zoom or more and extra frills.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You didn't buy before???
SX510 - Review says noticeably improved IQ compared to SX500
SX600 - A BIG NO solely because of tooooooo small aperture, stripped off manual exposure controls. Review says IQ is excellent in day light.
P530 - Not many reviews. Comparatively good aperture given the zoom it offers.
TZ30 - My pick in this lot.

1. TZ30
2. SX510/P530

angshu83

Right off the assembly line
^ You didn't buy before???
:( no i didint buy it before.
Thanks nac for your reply.
Last Saturday, i went to Vijay Sales, to get a hands on the camera and i found out that Nikon P530 is much better that canon 510. But didnt get a chance to see TZ30.
Also i saw new Panasonic DMC FZ40, any idea about this camera.

Thanks,
Angshu

Top Bottom