Digit Web Awards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

staticsid

Team Digit
Digit Web Awards is back and we're looking for nominations from you guys!

Please mention your top websites in each of the following categories:

1. Online Shopping
- Consumer Tech
- Components

2. Travel

3. Real Estate

4. Custom Gifting

5. Gaming

6. Sports

7. News

8. Personal Finance (non-banking)

9. Books

10. Health & Wealth

11. Mobile (VAS)

12. Classifieds

For those who came in late...
What is Digit Web Awards?
Web Awards is an annual feature in Digit where we celebrate the best of the Indian web and give our coveted Web Award to websites in about 12 different categories each year.

What is our Judging criteria?
A systematic process driven assessment procedure involving metrics from third party tracking agencies and scores from a panel of Digit readers on elements of the websites such as ease of navigation, design, and ease of discovery. The final whetting of the results rests on a capable Jury.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Ok, my list goes like this:

1. Online Shopping
- Consumer Tech
- Components

theitwares.com

First of all it is very-very reliable site. Not only me, but loads of my friends on my advice have purchased items from theitwares and never regret. Most of the time it is about money transaction where buyers burn their fingers but theitwares people are very transparent in this area.

2. Travel

ezeego1.com
The most easy to use and transparent site. I got hooked up to this site when it gave numerous offers on air tickets purchased through credit cards. The site is fast and offers are good.

3. Real Estate

magicbricks.com

One silly reason why I nominated this site is that it is the only site (apart from magickbricks, 99acres and makaan.com etc.) which is not blocked in my office network. I have looked for and found two houses for myself. It gives clear details about the landlords etc.

4. Custom Gifting

archiesonline.com

One word---variety. And if not that it is reliable. Archies have their shop in each and every city in India which makes its brand presence felt.

5. Gaming
steampowered.com

I do not purchase many games online, but whichever I had, they are all from this site. Deals of the day is their best strategy to make people buy games at throwaway prices.

6. Sports

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/
I am not a football fan, so this one is enough for me

7. News

ibnlive.in.com

IBN Live is one of the sites where news are published very early. They do not make mistakes like times of India reporters/publishers do. Overall it is the quality, look and feel of the site that pulls me.

moneycontrol.com

This site is actually a whole institution. A beginner can learn about market, finance and stuff related to that on this site. Very easy to use.

9. Books

landmarkonthenet.com

Landmark has the best collection of books. Books not found anywhere else could be obtained from here. Their delivery time is also nominal. I only have one complaint that they do not give discounts on educational books.

10. Health & Wealth
-NA-

11. Mobile (VAS)

ngpay.com (I do not know if it should be here becuz it is mobile application)

The wide range of services that ngpay offers, I think that is its USP... :)

12. Classifieds

admag.org

You are free to post your advertisement on this site. It is like Indian CraigList :D

Last edited:
2. Travel
makemytrip.com
5. Gaming
steampowered.com
intencity.in

7. News
timesofindia.indiatimes.com
9. Books
flipkart.com

11. Mobile (VAS)
rechargeitnow.com
tatadocomo.com

OP
staticsid

staticsid

Team Digit
Hey guys post interesting insights, tell us why you think a particular website should win and you will stand a chance to be cited in the magazine.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Please do make sure something like this doesn't happen: Keep an eye on your PR personnel who are going beserk across the Indians forums- again, you’re being watched! | Rants and the awesomeness!

OP
staticsid

staticsid

Team Digit
Please do make sure something like this doesn't happen: Keep an eye on your PR personnel who are going beserk across the Indians forums- again, you’re being watched! | Rants and the awesomeness!

I was almost going to give up reading as i failed to understand the relevance of this link to this post. Until of course some of the inline images caught my attention. The poll in TDF that the article references, has nothing to do with a company initiative (afaik). And neither does it say "which processor is the OMG awesomest best processor in the friggin world".
Coming to Web Awards, we're just looking for nominations, so that we get to know the pulse of the audience. The process to decide winners is internal, and i assure you, completely unbiased; and will seek inputs from Digit's advisory council - a group of readers who are handpicked by us.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Coming to Web Awards, we're just looking for nominations, so that we get to know the pulse of the audience. The process to decide winners is internal, and i assure you, completely unbiased; and will seek inputs from Digit's advisory council - a group of readers who are handpicked by us.
Aaah. So you did understand the relevance of the link ;-).

Don't get me wrong (or be under the impression that I am pointing at digit or any media guys for that matter) and I do appreciate the reply :), but when few folks/a distri asked if I could review something and then they said couple if well-known media houses (they haven't mentioned names) are doing "favours" for mutual benefit, so should I. I refused, saying that this is how I do things and I am not going to deviate from it. If a product is bad, it stays bad. Over some months an impression is being made that "some" Indian review sites/magazines are simply for PR purposes and/or they just don't want to adopt standard testing methodology that should be followed.

Such awards, even asking for nominations, should be transparent that it shows that the nominee/winner choice is justified.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Digit Web Awards is back and we're looking for nominations from you guys!

Please mention your top websites in each of the following categories:

1. Online Shopping
- Consumer Tech
- Components

1. Ebay
2. theitwares
3. lynx-india
4. deltapage
5. TE Deals

2. Travel

3. Real Estate

4. Custom Gifting

5. Gaming

6. Sports

7. News

NA

Flipkart

10. Health & Wealth

11. Mobile (VAS)

12. Classifieds

NA

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Wish I had seen this thread before. I saw that in the magazine there's not even a mention of SMC International in the online shopping section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom