Digit PC Game Suggestion Thread v2.0

darkv0id

Journeyman
How about Amnesia: The Dark Descent ?

And Slender if you can handle it (I quit within the first ~5-10 mins).

Hrishi

How about Amnesia: The Dark Descent ?

And Slender if you can handle it (I quit within the first ~5-10 mins).

The have played first few minutes of Amnesia : Dark Descent , seemed boring and I was kind of stuck.
But I have read at many blogs , that it'll feel better and interesting after an hour or so.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ like some pretty girls pretty games of the recent time are getting dumber ( though not all ) and I think I've suggested you Nosfeartu before but it's a old gem and one more is Call of Chulthulu - it will give you the shiver and chill on the spine. only play if you dare to ;-)

@ gameranand - have not tried Grid 2 but Metro LL is a good game - the atmosphere, heart touching storyline, action and overall gameplay - its' good in every side only except enemy human AI.

darkv0id

Journeyman
^ Should play imo. It's a great game; but it doesn't belong in the top 100. Let's see what the others think.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Here's a suggestion if TDF members agree.

1. Name the game you want to add in the list with information columns on the sheet
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed - should go to must play list

genre - Racing - Semi Simulator
Date - 4th Aug 2011
Slightly Mad Studios - EA
Shift 2: Unleashed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Name the game with which you want it to replace
NFS Shift (first)
can be moved to should play list

2. / 4. / 5. State the Reasons why it should be added / State reasons why game should be deleted from this list / State reasons how the game you mentioned to added is better than the one already in the list.

I think Shift 2 is better than first overall
- Better graphics,
- Better Career Mode
- More Cars / Tracks
- Better Handling / Helmet Cam is great

Even though I played Shift 1 before, it didn't feel repeating the same again. It was a much better experience.

Shift 2 to needs to be in either Must play or should play list.
No strong reason to delete NFS shift (you may move it to should play list)

gameranand

Living to Play
Here's a suggestion if TDF members agree.

1. Name the game you want to add in the list with information columns on the sheet
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed - should go to must play list

genre - Racing - Semi Simulator
Date - 4th Aug 2011
Slightly Mad Studios - EA
Shift 2: Unleashed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Name the game with which you want it to replace
NFS Shift (first)
can be moved to should play list

2. / 4. / 5. State the Reasons why it should be added / State reasons why game should be deleted from this list / State reasons how the game you mentioned to added is better than the one already in the list.

I think Shift 2 is better than first overall
- Better graphics,
- Better Career Mode
- More Cars / Tracks
- Better Handling / Helmet Cam is great

Even though I played Shift 1 before, it didn't feel repeating the same again. It was a much better experience.

Shift 2 to needs to be in either Must play or should play list.
No strong reason to delete NFS shift (you may move it to should play list)

This Rule is already in place but hardly anyone follow them. :|

Shift 2 is a must play game. The realism, the sheer concentration you have to put, the way every car behaves, its simply a must play. The only issue is that many casual gamers don't like for the above stated reasons :p. But every racing fan must play it to experience first class racing.

gameranand

Living to Play
Some texture issues are not much of a problem but when the game was launched then I remember that controls were really weird and all so I played the game for some time but couldn't handle the controls so left it. I am interested if they have been rectified so that I can play the damn game. :)

Some texture issues are not much of a problem but when the game was launched then I remember that controls were really weird and all so I played the game for some time but couldn't handle the controls so left it. I am interested if they have been rectified so that I can play the damn game. :)

I completer 75% of the game, but didn't face any control issue. Actually the thing is, in many cars, the default setting (the tuning settings) are not race centric. so, adjusting settings like lockover and such could make the steering response faster. Also, the game is quite realistic, so getting used to response might have took some time.

gameranand

Living to Play
I completer 75% of the game, but didn't face any control issue. Actually the thing is, in many cars, the default setting (the tuning settings) are not race centric. so, adjusting settings like lockover and such could make the steering response faster. Also, the game is quite realistic, so getting used to response might have took some time.

I will roger that. Will play the game when I get some time. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Alright here are some alterations that I made
1. Added Metro Last Light in Should Play List

Now I want to ask these and will act accordingly
1. Should Fable be added considering that its a very old game and new generation might not bear those graphics
2. Should I add Shift 2 in any list
3. Should COJ Gunslinger be added
4. Should GRID 2 be added
5. Should I sort the games according to Genres or current scenario is OK.

More suggestions are always welcome

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1. Should Fable be added considering that its a very old game and new generation might not bear those graphics

have u played it?
well I have not coz when it was released for PC..my config was not compatible..but I saw 2~3 times my frnd playing on his PC.
graphics looked good,and he said it was the best RPG he played ever :chinscratch: bcoz of gr8 story & awesome gameplay
he completed it 5 times ( for different endings and different Karma levels)
I am yet to play it...it has got huge gameplay time :mrgreen:

gameranand

Living to Play
have u played it?
well I have not coz when it was released for PC..my config was not compatible..but I saw 2~3 times my frnd playing on his PC.
graphics looked good,and he said it was the best RPG he played ever :chinscratch: bcoz of gr8 story & awesome gameplay
he completed it 5 times ( for different endings and different Karma levels)
I am yet to play it...it has got huge gameplay time :mrgreen:

Yes I have played the game and its pretty good also.

Also please answer the other questions. :)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright here are some alterations that I made
1. Added Metro Last Light in Should Play List

Now I want to ask these and will act accordingly
2. Should I add Shift 2 in any list
3. Should COJ Gunslinger be added
4. Should GRID 2 be added
5. Should I sort the games according to Genres or current scenario is OK.

More suggestions are always welcome

Shift 2, GRiD 2 ( replace Grid ) and CoJ Gunslinger - add all of them into the should play list.

As now we have somewhat mature list adding games according to genre sounds like a nice idea.

gameranand

Living to Play
I disagree on replacement of Grid 1 because I am playing GRID 2 and its good standalone game but nowhere near Grid 1 which was a very nice mix of Simulation and Arcade. Grid 2 is more arcady than Grid 1 so I will add Grid 2 to the Should Play list but I will change that if needed. :)

Here are the changes

1. Added Need For Speed Shift 2 Unleashed to Should Play List
2. Added Call of Juarez GunSlinger to Should Play List
3. Added Grid 2 to Should Play List

4. All the Sheets are now sorted according to Genres.

Please Comment and more suggestions are welcome. :)

Top Bottom