Votes: 66 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 29 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

executioner

Journeyman
most people here like digit more cause it's digit's forum.ask it in chip's forum and u will see chip getting a better response.unfair competition

TechGuru#1

In the zone
^^ ALWAYS LIKED/LIKE CHIP for MUCH BETTER CONTENTS(READING)
,but ALWAYS LIKED/LIKE DIGIT for MUCH BETTER CONTENTS(CD/DVD)

I'd say
Chip 4 mag content(not 4 forum)
but digit for DVD/CD content and Forum
thus Chip gets 1/3
Digit gets 2/3
So Digit rulez.........

Root2

Right off the assembly line
well digit magazine is better than chip .. i got bored reading chip n cd / dvd content of chip really sucks....

S

Strikeforce

have beeen a fan of d classic chip 4 a looong time both have their pros nd cons i give a thumbs up 2 bth digit nd chip

dissel

Cyborg Agent
If you want to know more (Up-To-Date) about the technology....buy Digit....
But if you want Linux Distro and you are in Dial-Up or Limited Broadband connection....then stick with the Chip (they very often provide major Linux Distro,which digit forum reader ask in the By Demand Section).

DukeNukem

Come get Some
i buy both digit and chip a month late, this way get hold of both of them in jus Rs. 80. (40 each :p) if lucky (first come and buy thing)
price differ in case of special editions or for any extra CD'd then regular (Rs. 10 for Each CD/DvD)

love both of them, both are giving usefull stuff and information. no need for comparisions. every one has two faces and one cannot physically see both sides of (single) coin at a time.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Good Marketing
You own a business.
You PAY someone to do a study in a few cities.
The study shows you are No 1!
You announce it to the world.

Reality
You PAID someone, they tell you you're the best...what would they do? tell you that you suck?

The research company studies only the cities that you sell to, and only your distributors... of course, in the interest of your business, you don't tell the general public that all distributors are prevented from dealing with competing products—this is to ensure that no underhanded business takes place, and is standard procedure.

It's sort of like approaching all Hero Honda distributors, and asking them how many Bajaj Pulsar's they sold! Obviously, they have sold more Splendors (ONLY Splendors even!).

If your business just happens to be a magazine, by conducting a survey on Newstands alone, you can easily eliminate the competitions advantage — subscribers. Even if your competition might have more subscribers than what you sell on newstands in total, the results will always be in your favour....

It's like answering an exam, after YOU wrote the question paper — if you don't score 100%, you're the biggest idiot around!

Surveys have become a joke these days. Personally, I'm just waiting for the data from the NRS/IRS (National / Indian Readership Survey)! These are more trusted, and unbiased, sources of information, because its the readers themselves that are polled.

Let the people (readers) have their say, instead of taking a survey of people who make money through the business: distributors/vendors.

If you guys want, you can contribute and create your own survey right here. The next time you visit a Magazine stall, ask your questions, I'm sure the aswers you get will tell you the truth. Personally, I'm especially intrigued to hear what people from smaller towns find out! :)

Raaabo

Sourabh

Laptoping
If you have been there on the board for long enough, you know whatever comes from Raaabo's submit button hit is true and thought provoking. This is no licking Raaabo's a$$ or you scratch my back, I scratch yours.

What Raaabo says in third person without names, I would just put it straight as a news-stand buyer of all the three leading magazines. Ofcourse the one talked about is PC World with their survey findings. It is very easy to neglect the survey for the truth behind it is apparent to all. But honestly, there is nothing in their survey which is wrong. They have gone to the 200 odd big cities, taken up the sales figures and thrown it up as a fact. Which in all probability will be true. But I dont think that is all to it. PC world has just been there for 4 months. They are a new entrant with a positive backing due to their international publication. Readers/Subscribers are not foolish to not understand we are thrown in the same stuff as in their international brethren. I was all excited with their first issue and jumped with joy that the competition would only mean the best for the readers. The price tag of 60 rs for the magazine and a DL DVD is what gave everything in their favor from the survey. Being Indians's we all cannot neglect what our mentality is. I know all my college friends who were remotely in techie stuff, get a copy of it - just bcoz its a DL DVD and comes for 60 Rs. You have to really see it, to believe it. Literally tens of them, I knew got their issue.

I have personally known all those three months, PC World selling 20 issues from the same vendor and merely 5 of Digit and 3 of CHIP ( Chip arrived very late that month) I was more eager to check out the sales of each magazine from the news-stand vendor I got the mags from.

I have read all their issues, I could leave the 50 pages of mag unnoticed bcoz they were from their international issues, the first couple of months. As things turned out, it kept on the same. Three personal columns, New Hardware and Test shoot-out is not something I get the issue for entirely. If more than half of their magazine content is accesible to me by the 18-19th of the previous month from the internet, I am not going to bother about their issues from now on. They can do all they want to prove others about their sales and get more readers/subscribers. It wont be true forever in the long run.

Throw a survey now, I am quite sure the results would not be the same. What Raaabo said about small towns has more truth to it than anything else. I have shited to Bhiwandi ( a small town) outside Mumbai to enjoy an UL Broadband Connection! I commute daily for my college between Mumbai and this town for a while now, so i know the best of both worlds. Not a single copy of PC world makes it way here. Chip and Digit do, and in huge numbers.

That really sums it up.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
One man's food is another man's poison...everyone has different needs at different times but some like to argue that one is better than the other based on their past/current experiance & the "hunger" level for gaining knowledge on what they are looking for.
I find DIGIT, CHIP, PC WORLD & COMPUTER ACTIVE good at various times and bad sometimes...ofcourse based on what my need was on that particular month...eg. in OCTOBER 2006 I was converting a lot of Mini DV tapes to DVD and I found DIGIT Fast Track issue on "Digital Video" to be very helpful...and another time I was shopping for Motherboards and I found the CHIP issue if that month very helpful and the rest of the magazines to be useless at that point of time.
Having said that I faced more technical problems with CHIP CD's than any other magazie...once again that is my personal experiance which does necessarily make CHIP a bad magazine.
I read all the above 4 magazines each month from my local library and whichever magazine I feel meets my needs I go ahead and buy that magazine & leave the rest. But I make it a point to buy the ANNIVERSERY issues of EACH of the above magazines...as they all seem to make my purchase worth while during their anniversary.

imdbest

Broken In
I've been buyer of both, for a long time
According to me, previously it was like to learn for technically it was CHiP, 'n to learn more about advancing technology stuff was DiGiT

But with the FastTrack addon the DiGiT even recovered its loops, 'n CHiP just tried to match it with a DVD no XTRA SOLiD STEP

DiGiT won the Race, CHiP left their trace

Though I have a subscription for Digit, I personally like Chip - dunno why - may be because of the greener other side effect.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
Chip has only one advantage that is they sometimes give newer versions of softs than digit but other than this Digit rocks.

PCW has screwed me by sending damaged DVD's twice I should have subscribed to digit.

Ksquare

Well till now, i was only reading Digit.......but with so many chip readers i'll give it a try.
Though, personally think that Digit is really good(content wise) if u exclude the paper quality and adds...though these negitive stuff really piss u off.:mad:
And yeah, they should do something with there website...it loox soooo battered! :sad:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I BUY BOTH COS IF THEY COMBINE IN CD/DVD AND MERGED MAG THEN A SUPERDUPER MAG WITH 3 CD AND 2 DVD
AHHHHHH>>>>
PRICE RS. hummmmmmmm.....I THINK Rs200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom