Digit Forum Spamed :x, All thread links inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Once again digit forum has been spamed but this time its scale its large
so mods will have difficulity in removing so listing all threads here are convenience of the mods;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68587
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68588
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68590
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68595
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68591
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68599
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68592
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68594
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68593
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68584
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68582
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68583
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68585
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68601
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68596
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68264
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68267
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68586

This and for notice of our members that how spam our mods clean everyday without fail. Good work @Mods & admin

Keep it up!
You guys Are good

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
wow this guy is spamming like hell. in my opinion we shud close the registration for a while and ban this guy. so after a while he cant register he will leave then open the registrations again i think this shud work

casanova

The Frozen Nova
The best thing would be to limit the no. of threads a newbie can open a day. They can be restricted to at the most 2 threads/day.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^I agree with that.The guy has spammed liked a hell.The mods & admins should quickly del such guys.Hope they will do soon.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@gary4gar

Good Effort but u should have PMed MODs rather than a Public Thread :| and may be no mods are online at this point of the time... so Links are there !!! :lol:

Last edited:
OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Choto Cheeta said:
@gary4gar

Good Effort but u should have PMed MODs rather than a Public Thread :| and may be no mods are online at this point of the time... so Links are there !!! :lol:
well the main reason of this thread is to show how good are mods are & what will the forum state without them.

I have lately seen few users abusing the mods treating them as there servants
which is a bad culture, So started this thread to pat the back fo mods

Thanks you mods & admins this is becuase of that this forum stays clean

slugger

Banned
good work gary4gar (4 noticing d spams)

i agree with casanova about d number of threads a new/infrequent member shud b allowed to start

u cud also restrict d number of different logins from a given IP in a given time, like say there shud b a gap of 20 mins between logout of a user from a given IP and login of a different member from the same IP
(but not very sure how it will work in a cyber cafe tho :confused:)
also to prevent them from automating d login and posting process, u cud enable alpha-numeric verifiaction like dat in Rapidshare

will not trouble genuine users but spammers will definitely find it little more difficult

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
slugger said:
u cud also restrict d number of different logins from a given IP in a given time, like say there shud b a gap of 20 mins between logout of a user from a given IP and login of a different member from the same IP
(but not very sure how it will work in a cyber cafe tho :confused:)
also to prevent them from automating d login and posting process, u cud enable alpha-numeric verifiaction like dat in Rapidshare

will not trouble genuine users but spammers will definitely find it little more difficult

One comment...

Not possible... as GPRS uses same Ext IP for may be a full City :lol:

Not possible Local Cable use same IP ext for full service area :(

And Sify / Relaince Cafes too :(

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i still think we should stop id creation for like a couple of days so he would go away

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the fat being has come :D .... y isnt the fat being able to crush the spammers under his fat :D

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Can we make this thread sticky? Mods will find it easier for finding spam thread links instead of going through lots of reported PMs in their inbox.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
well said, i think we shud do that, or we can still try to ban user registration for a couple of days..

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I second navjotjsingh. This thingy was running in my mind whole day. I was at office and was waiting for my restricted net usage. :D

slugger

Banned
not a bad idea

and after d thread has been deleted, the mods/admins could also delete dat entry for the thread to let us know dat it has been delt with

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I pmed Raabooo to install a MOD whereby newbies cant Post new Topics with Links until a certain post count. I have implented this on few forums and it reduces spam by 75%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom