• No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerthivasan

very very STUPID
Hi guys.
I thought that it would be nice to give the digit forum on an dual layer DVD IN ONE OF THE FOURTH COMING ISSUES OF DIGIT.
it would be useful to everyone especially to those who do not have inter net at home.
they can browse the questions and they can get the answers
WHAT's ur opinion guys?
eventhough they cannot provide the entire forum on a single dual layer dvd , they can provide part by part i.e. first they can provide only QnA part in a dvd and so on...

axxo

99.9% Idle
Hi guys.
I thought that it would be nice to give the digit forum on an dual layer DVD IN ONE OF THE FOURTH COMING ISSUES OF DIGIT.
it would be useful to everyone especially to those who do not have inter net at home.
they can browse the questions and they can get the answers
WHAT's ur opinion guys?
eventhough they cannot provide the entire forum on a single dual layer dvd , they can provide part by part i.e. first they can provide only QnA part in a dvd and so on...

You kidding??? if its not then this will be biggest joke of this year :D

First Vbulletin, the forum script isnt free & distributable
Every user info & passwd on this forum will be available openly for everyone who buy magazine...do you want that to happen?
third....this forum or anyforum database size wont be as high as you think.....it will only in mb's..just a cd is enough.

Last edited:
OP
kerthivasan

kerthivasan

very very STUPID
You kidding??? if its not then this will be biggest joke of this year :D

Every user info & passwd on this forum will be available openly for everyone who buy magazine...do you want that to happen?
third....this forum or anyforum database size wont be as high as you think.....it will only in mb's..just a cd is enough.
see, i did not mean that.
i meant only the informations and not the user ids and passwords

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
LOL man it would take too much work to rip the site(actually not, but you get the point) and this would be in GBs, not MBs. The forums have been for a long time, and the amount of spam... er... information is quite huge. If you want a copy of the forums, go to www.sbl.net and download and learn. But since you are very very stupid, as said in your own status, and since this is a very very stupid question, i sincerely doubt it :) No offence, just quoting already quoted lines... but seriously, for ripping a complete site, try blackwidow and brownrecluse from www.sbl.net, and for this forum, BW wont suffice, use BR. And you better have a 250GB harddisk minimum.

@the thread starte:

do you have any idea how big a forum can get ? There is lots and lots of stuff here, and if you include every thread, every image, every post, it might end up to 100GB even.

If you need the forum, get wget download manager and do a
Code:
wget -h -r -level=1 -k -p *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/
this command downloads the forum completely. You can have a look at the volume you have downloaded to understand howmuch there really IS in this forum.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
First of all, the thread starter kerthivasan is not at all wrong. Yes, It is possible to ship the entire forum content on a DVD but that would require special programming scripts.

And it would not take 100 GB or 250 GB, may be less than 1 GB will be enough.

Just a question to all those who said what not things to kerthivasan, how much do you really know about PHP-MySQL programming huh? What is the level of your skills?

FYI, it is possible to write such a script.

First of all, the thread starter kerthivasan is not at all wrong. Yes, It is possible to ship the entire forum content on a DVD but that would require special programming scripts.

Just a question to all those who said what not things to kerthivasan, how much do you really know about PHP-MySQL programming huh? What is the level of your skills?

I said 100GB for entire content, every single thing, every single imageshack/similar image, every single video link, every single download link. Thats what my script does. It feteches the whole site, under the domain www.thinkdigit.com/forum crawls links within the domain and saves them and for external links saves upto one level.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^There is no need to fetch the who content in the directory. External media can be linked though.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Don't you think that all this is like "Digging a mountain to catch a mouse"???

din

Tribal Boy

He didn't mean downloading the php files or the passwords. When we download the forum (using HTTrack or something like that), we get a set of html files (yes it may be huge) and other files but good for offline browsing.

adi007

Youngling
It will not take 250 GB
I know this coz i have downloaded many sites for offline browsing using webaroo or IDM
I think max of 1GB(only forum,but if u set deep links which is very stupid thing to do then it will take a lot of space)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
It is possible, this is possible with web spiders... there is one excellent spider called BrownRecluse, its programmable with its own script, and works beautifully on several sites :) You can find it at www.sbl.net I've used it to completely rip sites with images, videos, pages etc.

axxo

99.9% Idle
If you rip the site as you do for normal site that will only lead to max size...Forum ripping is different..
It may be possible for a forum to be ripped completely.but it would require serious skill and to write a custom script and then to rip everything except user info from mysql db.
As rohan said..it would come less than a gb...even with all user images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom