[Digit Contest] Digit Samsung App Race Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabal Pratap

Team Digit
It takes only 6 steps to be a winner. Are you Interested?

Develop an innovative S Pen App for Samsung Galaxy Note and Win Rs. 2.5 Lakh + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy Tab and more...

Click here to participate.

For any technical query, please visit-Samsung App Race Forum

Regards,
Team Devworx

Last edited:

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Registered for it. Let's hope I get enough time to build a good app. :D

EDIT-> Is anyone here competing in this?

Last edited:

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
I signed up. Conceptualized. Researched. Gave up when realized AVD emulator didn't support Bluetooth :(

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
For me the AVD emulator just drags...... it is very difficult to guess how the application will perform on an actual device... Is this happening for everyone??

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
For me the AVD emulator just drags...... it is very difficult to guess how the application will perform on an actual device... Is this happening for everyone??

it used to happen in my old laptop. But i bought a new laptop(details down) and it starts only in 1 min and works 95% like a real device.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
AVDs lags even on i7 sometimes. There are a few tricks you can use to speed it up.
  • Use option - 'partition-size 512' in your run configurations. It will make sure that your AVD device's internal memory is 512 MB, replace 512 with your number of choice. It speeds up you app installation to emulators also.
  • Use lower resolutions whenever you can. It will also speed up AVD. Also if you don't need to use the latest API emulators i.e. 4.0 or 2.3.3, stick to 2.2 emulators. they perform better. :wink:

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Yes, thought would incremental update it (was wrong lol). Didn't have a device to test on anyway.

Guilt trip (and a straight 14 hour long geek overdrive) made me do it. Isn't the submit deadline like on April 2?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes, thought would incremental update it (was wrong lol). Didn't have a device to test on anyway.

Guilt trip (and a straight 14 hour long geek overdrive) made me do it. Isn't the submit deadline like on April 2?

it will run a bit longer
Samsung Galaxy Note App Race
contest (“Contest”) shall run from 15th
March, 2012 to 30th April, 2012 (both
days inclusive of the “Program
Period”)

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^^ That's the US version of the contest (the main one).
Indian one is ending on April 30th. :)

Btw, care to share your app's market link? :D

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
:S
Ya sure just as they verify/certify/test/yada-yada it. Says takes ~10 days to verify. There goes my incremental updates.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Google Play is great in that case. Instantly live. :D

Samsung, Amazon and Apple seems to take the review process seriously. :)
But that's also a good thing. Both things has their benefits.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Another app submitted - in verification.

Big (like really big) thanks to ico for providing the much needed bluetooth dongles in the hour of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom