difference between LCD monitor and LCD TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naru

Broken In
Can an LCD TV be used as a PC monitor and vise versa?

And why is a 22" TV almost double the price of a 22" monitor?

swatkat

Technomancer
Yes, they can be used vice versa:
*hometheater.about.com/od/lcdtvfaqs/f/lcdfaq4.htm
*www.instructables.com/id/Use-an-LCD-Monitor-as-a-TV-without-a-Computer/

And, check out this link as well:
*wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_LCD_tv_and_a_LCD_monitor_please

ravi_rtr

Never Mind
No they can not be used vice versa
you can use LCD TV as PC monitor. but you can't use LCD monitor as TV, as it will not contain TV tuner, and more over the resolution on offer with the monitor makes it unsuitable for long distance viewing i.e., normal TV viewing is not that great on monitors. now a days some monitors are coming with inbuilt TV tuners.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
No they can not be used vice versa
you can use LCD TV as PC monitor. but you can't use LCD monitor as TV, as it will not contain TV tuner, and more over the resolution on offer with the monitor makes it unsuitable for long distance viewing i.e., normal TV viewing is not that great on monitors. now a days some monitors are coming with inbuilt TV tuners.

and for the difference of price the TV contains Tuner and speakers and it is optimized for TV viewing and monitors are not.

Last edited:

swatkat

Technomancer
With a set-top box, LCD monitor can be used as a TV. Set-top box contains tuner. Check that Instructibles link.

A

anarchist

1. LCD tv comes with internal speakers and tuner whereas most of the monitirs dont have these
2. LCD monitor has only one input > VGA whereas LCD tv has many inputs > VGA, RF, AV, component etc
So lcd tv is costly

OP
N

naru

Broken In
you can't use LCD monitor as TV, as the resolution on offer with the monitor makes it unsuitable for long distance viewing i.e., normal TV viewing is not that great on monitors.

Can you tell me which is the best monitor for extensive movie viewing? I'm considering Samsung 2233sw, Benq e2200 and Dell s2409w. All three are HD monitors.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
1. LCD tv comes with internal speakers and tuner whereas most of the monitirs dont have these
2. LCD monitor has only one input > VGA whereas LCD tv has many inputs > VGA, RF, AV, component etc
So lcd tv is costly

ROFL

*img222.imageshack.us/img222/4534/rofls.jpg *img222.imageshack.us/img222/rofls.jpg/1/w400.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom