dialup connection in ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Desi_Tek, LCP means Link Control Protocol. Reason :

lcp-echo-failure n
If this option is given, 'pppd' will presume the peer to be dead if n LCP echo-requests are sent without
receiving a valid LCP echo-reply. If this happens, 'pppd' will terminate the connection. Use of this
option requires a non-zero value for the lcp-echo- interval parameter. This option can be used to
enable pppd to terminate after the physical connection has been broken (e.g., the modem has hung up)
in situations where no hardware modem control lines are available

int86

You'r Born Free
I cant edit the wvdial file in etc folder.
I neither can delete or paste in that folder.
But I can run the sudo command succesfully in the terminal with the same login id and pass

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Hey didn't want to start a new thread so asking my query realated to net in ubuntu here itself...
After a bit of struggle i managed to get my MTNL TriBand net connection running on Ubuntu Dapper...
That i managed when my mode in router was pppoe...
But i prefer using the bridge mode...
So how do i make a pppoe connection in ubuntu to connect my net using it...
Is it possible and do i have to download any packages for it...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ankurgupta.me said:
Hey didn't want to start a new thread so asking my query realated to net in ubuntu here itself...
After a bit of struggle i managed to get my MTNL TriBand net connection running on Ubuntu Dapper...
fedore provides a nice script "adsl-setup" to do it

see if RP-PPPoEworks for u however it did'nt work for me
But I can run the sudo command succesfully in the terminal with the same login id and pass
read this
*ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Edgy#How_to_browse_files.2Ffolders_as_root_user_in_Nautilus
hey just go through the ubuntu guide page it more than enough for a newbie before u ask an query

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
ankurgupta.me said:
Have you tried executing ppoeconf or adsl-setup commands from a terminal window as root? Remove all your previous network settings...shift your router into bridged mode...restart and try those commands. I have never tried it but hopefully one of them should work.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah tried using pppoeconf command but it gives error message that some controller not found or something like that...

eddie

El mooooo
It would be great if you people actually gave the error messages instead of posting "some controller not found". If you post in such a way then only advice you'll get is to install "some controller" which you can grab from "some place" at "some price".

freebird

Debian Rocks!
first of all,make sure that ur lan is up.U can use "ifconfig -a" command in a terminal.
just post "ifconfig -a" o/p too.

/sbin/pppoeconf is used for configuring xdsl connxn in bridge mode.it is curses based.u can just copy paste the error message from terminal,itna to kar yaar?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Net running fine to ubuntu in pppoe mode...but i want to configure mode...will post the output of ifconfig and the error msg as soon as i boot into linux...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom