Dhoom 3-The most awaited bollywood movie of the year

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
One of the great things they have done this time is - They have added a backdrop to the thief's life. It is very important for a master thief to have his origin story explained which was lacking in Dhoom 1 and 2. And with Aamir playing this role, im sure there will be a lot of depth to his character.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The more i see the trailers or promos of this film the more i feel there is "Now you see me in it" (Which itself was an average film according to me). They might have made the script even before the release of the later. But how long does it takes to change it. Hell not everything goes as planned. During the shoot many things change.

Anyways except for some unnecessary skin shows, shamelessly copied dresses & cliches as usual I don't expect anything more.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Sorry but these are not my words as i have not seen the movie yet. From the reviews & reading comments from various other people it seems that dhoom 3 is a movie for liftman & autowalah type of people.:D But I think not all are so dumb that they wont catch those irritating flaws.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Dhoom 3 ..First Day First Show :doh:
Please avoid if you've seen the Prestige.
Avoid it otherwise too.

Just avoid it al together.
Havn't see D1, but it's as bad as D2 if not worse. And since it ripped of prestige , even the twist lost it's effect.

sksundram

In the zone
I remember watching d1 in cinema hall while sitting on benches. FDFS, didn't get the tickets and so talked to someone to do some jugaad. The screen was just ten feet away. The only thing i enjoyed was the dhoom tune and the bikini scene by Esha Deol. After the bikini scene I left the hall, lit the cigarette and waited for my frnds to come out. Cheap tactics and too below my standards.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Dhoom 3 ..First Day First Show :doh:
Please avoid if you've seen the Prestige.
Avoid it otherwise too.

Just avoid it al together.
Havn't see D1, but it's as bad as D2 if not worse. And since it ripped of prestige , even the twist lost it's effect.

This. This, this, this. I have the Prestige on my computer, and was going for a Bale movie marathon before watching American Hustle. Now that movie was something else.:cool:

Then I went for a noon show on Sat., and well...:evil::evil: The stunt scenes(Jet ski remains underwater forever, driving on walls, jumping without ramps..) were,well, unrealistic is understating it. Katrina is there to look pretty. Idiocy at it's finest.

If not for Aamir, I wouldn't give this a 1/5. He literally saves the movie. Sure, the script is a rip-off, and they throw all the logic out of the circus. But then, I really should have expected that, I guess.

Aamir's show, decent editing/cinematography and Pritam's music. Oh, and South-filmy style stunts. 2.5/5.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I remember watching d1 in cinema hall while sitting on benches. FDFS, didn't get the tickets and so talked to someone to do some jugaad. The screen was just ten feet away. The only thing i enjoyed was the dhoom tune and the bikini scene by Esha Deol. After the bikini scene I left the hall, lit the cigarette and waited for my frnds to come out. Cheap tactics and too below my standards.

And yet waited for bikini scene :lol:

sksundram

In the zone
^^I am no saint. Those days we used to watch every movie that was screened in the cinema hall. It doesn't matter if it's model hunter or tomorrow never dies. If it's Friday, we (that includes me and all my movie freak friends) have to watch fdfs. But it's solely one's choice to continue watching or not. I was leaving earlier but one of my friends said to wait for bikini scene otherwise paisa wasool nai hoga. I was like ok, why not. But a rip-off Hollywood movies and 3rd class acting (esp. AB and uday were intolerablel) were also not helping.

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so i got to see dhoom 3 yesterday. I agreed to go as my friend had got complimentary tickets to imax from one of his clients and i decided to join. Would rate it around 1.5 to 2. The movie is unintentionally hilarious at points. Uday chopra is annoying as usual. The twist before intermission was a nolan inspired prestige move. Aamir khan when angry looked hilarious for some reason. I think he was taking it way too seriously esp when he was running down the bank. Katrina kaif had a non essential role. Actually the movie could have been done without her. Heavy on product placements, Transforming BMW bikes, Autos ramming the walls, Overacting..Could go on...but must admit the production value of the movie was quite high. You could make out that they spent a lot of money on this movie but could have spent more on writing. Even the ending was mehh..I ended up laughing the whole movie.

Oh yes btw the main villain here are the banks. The so called bankers had some of the laugh out loud dialogues i have ever heard. It was so bad that it was good.

to those saying its now you see me copy, no it wasn't..There could be few similarities but IMO it was not.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dhoom 1 had many flaws too. But it was the far better than 2 & 3(as per the reviewers. I have not seen 3.)
Now not everybody has a good marketing skills as SRK.:D I mean from the promo's only you can make out from aamir & abhishek's face that they knew how the movie is and for which type of audience it was targeted to.
Aamir seemed disinterested through out the promos & now by reading the reviewers comments it seems he was not even interested to do this film too. However he did it may be for some reasons. Thus the worst acting.:D
Somebody posted this on a forum. Just see his review.:D

kaz

right here
1st day 1st show and what a waste of time and money....better watch D1 and D2 at home again :)

Though a few of my friends liked it and the whole hostel has gone today not sure whether to watch the movie or the girls in their best possible getups on Sunday Outing :D

$hadow

Geek in making
Faith in the Public:Lost
Srsly,dont they get fed up of Salman's films.He does the same BS everytime in his films :lol:

The public loves what he does and I just hate his films last movie I watched was bodyguard and then I promised myself not to watch his movies anymore. But girls are always like "wow" "awww he is so hot" leads to super success of his movies.

Top Bottom