Devices connecting problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I recently bought a SONY DVD ROM 16-x Model-DDU 1622 and now i have a total of 3 devices in my system...

1.) SAMSUNG CD ROM (connected as Primary Slave,PATA)
2.) SONY DVD ROM (connected as Secondary Slave,PATA)
3.) SAMSUNG CD-WRITER (not connected as any slave or master)

Now i want to make all my 3 devices working(connected to my PC) but the problem is that i dont hv an extra power connector (that 4 pin White color connector wich is connected along side the 40 pin connector(Grey color,DATA CABLE,broad size) slot found behind the CD ROM or the CR-WRITER or even the DVD ROM.

COz there where 2, 4pin white connectors available so i used both of the WHite color 4 pin connector to connect my CD ROM and my DVD ROM, now how to connect my CD WRITER !!!! (there r no white color,4pin connectors available free) ???

4.) My SAMSUNG HARD DISK (connected as PATA Primary Master).

Please suggest wat to do, shud i remove the CD ROM and connect only the DVD ROM and the CD WRITER coz by doin this i will be able to burn Cds as well as browse the CD and the DVD ROM.

But i want all 3 of my devices(CD ROM,CD-WRITER and DVD ROM) connected to my system coz if i remove the CD ROM then i will obviously hv to find a way to sell my CD ROM coz then it will not be used by me at all !!!! :cry: :? :?

please suggest..... guys..... !!!! :? :?

ALso do tell me the meaning of "CABLE SELECT" OPTION (of the Jumper setting).i found this option in the JUMPER SETTINGS of my DVD ROM manual :? :?

thanx...

cheers n peace.....

theraven

Technomancer
get a molex splitter from lamington if ur in mumbai
or hunt for it in the closest electronic shop
i suggest u toss that cd rom BTW

SAVE POWER GO GREEN EARTH NEEDS YOUR HELP STOP GLOBAL WARMING :lol: Toss out all those drives (no, try selling them to a PC dealer) and buy a DVD Combo drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom