Desktop Users Sitting Arrangement?

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hi all, i am a Desktop User and spend enormous time infront of it. So as a result I'm having back pains. And I've to blame this to my uncomfortable sitting arrangement.
*i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/zestken/th_ABCD0002.jpg

I would now opt for some ergonomics, do you guys use one or can suggest me few.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
there is no escape from the pain if you are sitting for longer durations in front of your system.
i developed severe neck/backbone pain earlier this year (also known as RSI - repetitive strain injury), luckily my wife's a physio...she gave me some therapy and i was able to overcome that pain.i have reduced the long hours sitting now..or even if i do i keep my back straight...after a little practice you will be able to make it a habit..

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
there is no escape from the pain if you are sitting for longer durations in front of your system.
i developed severe neck/backbone pain earlier this year (also known as RSI - repetitive strain injury), luckily my wife's a physio...she gave me some therapy and i was able to overcome that pain.i have reduced the long hours sitting now..or even if i do i keep my back straight...after a little practice you will be able to make it a habit..

So straight you meant Upright position, without any inclination:?:

Ohk i'll try it whatsoever, thanks:smile:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Start out with simple yet effective strengthening exercises at home (pay attention to posture), like:
Plank and side plank (hold on plank for 20 sec at least)
The Bridge

Remember its not only back muscles but abdomen and buttocks also plays an important role.

here is a good link:
Back Pain Exercises - Core Strengthening, Lower Back Stretching

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
ohh yeah .... how could i forget the buttocks... :(
they too pain after a long sitting...using a good pillow under it might be useful....

ask someone from your family to push their finger against your backbone from your waist up all the way to neck...during this you will feel terrible pain in some specific area...regular pressing on that point will give you relief...

to keep backbone healthy try some yogasan...it helps... :)

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Start out with simple yet effective strengthening exercises at home (pay attention to posture), like:
Plank and side plank (hold on plank for 20 sec at least)
The Bridge

Remember its not only back muscles but abdomen and buttocks also plays an important role.

here is a good link:
Back Pain Exercises - Core Strengthening, Lower Back Stretching

Thanks For The Link, but i regularly exercise in the morning once which includes all basic streching. After exercising i feel very much relief, but again after sitting for an hour or two the same problem persists.

ohh yeah .... how could i forget the buttocks... :(
they too pain after a long sitting...using a good pillow under it might be useful....

ask someone from your family to push their finger against your backbone from your waist up all the way to neck...during this you will feel terrible pain in some specific area...regular pressing on that point will give you relief...

to keep backbone healthy try some yogasan...it helps... :)

No my Buts don't pain as I've been using pillows.:smile:

And as i am away from home with roommates i can't ask them to give me some massages, i know it's very effective though.

I think i would stick to exercise and make it twice a day. And then probably get a new chair. I like the chair as in the Pic posted above only to keep mouse at my disposal, and sometimes i use the Wacom Tablet on it.

I'm just too concerned because my entire work is with computers, so i am worried in future i don't have to pay for this ignorance.

Thanks for the info guys, if you have more please share it with me.

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
Strange.

We already have this by Shantanu & also its *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/kirsch/misc/sticky.gif Sticky in Tutorial section.
Guide to Healthy Computing (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/51117-guide-heatlhy-computing.html)

Go thru :cool:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks For The Link, but i regularly exercise in the morning once which includes all basic streching. After exercising i feel very much relief, but again after sitting for an hour or two the same problem persists.

I had the same problem. I sit from 9-6 on an avg in my office. You got to strengthen your core. Stretching only increases the flexibility, relieves stress and prevent some injury due to stiff muscles.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Strange.

We already have this by Shantanu & also its *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/kirsch/misc/sticky.gif Sticky in Tutorial section.
Guide to Healthy Computing (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/51117-guide-heatlhy-computing.html)

Go thru :cool:

Thanks, guess i used the wrong key words earlier. Otherwise i would have landed in that article. Thanks great help.

Top Bottom