Desktop for around 25 K

kumar_1099

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Full HD Movies, Music, Browsing, a bit Gaming.Video converting and a bit of editing.Dot Net Programming ,Microsoft visual studio , Oracle , Microsoft Sql Server.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: I prefer to have AMD Athlon or Phenom based config. More inclined to Athlon series .Also ready for alternates if it gives more VFM.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 23K (without monitor).can extend to 25 K if needed.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB .

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: Will use my existing 32 inch Sony Bravia Hd ready LCD Tv as monitor . But PC should give full HD video and Dolby DTS True HD output.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: By assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: within 2-4 weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yes I am .it should be a bit future proof.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor, Graphics Card Keyboard,Mouse,DVD-RW

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Gurgaon. Planning to buy everything from either from Gurgaon or Nehru Place .

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: 1) Mobo should have USB3 , SATA III 6 Gbps , DDR3 RAM and HDMI out for connecting to my LCD TV.

2) Should have provision to add TV tuner card in future.

3) Will add Blue Ray writer/ player in future.

4) Will add another 500 GB/ 1TB hard disk in future.

5) will add graphic card in future.

6) will upgrade to more ram in future(currently need 2GB RAM).

7) Will need a UPS for this rig.

one more thing, do i need to buy separate HDMI cable or it will come with mobo.

My current choice is

AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz
MSI 890GXM-G65
Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
NZXT Gamma
Corsair PSU VX450W / VX 550 W
Western Digital Caviar 500 GB 7200 rpm
Intex 600 VA UPS
Scythe 120mm Quiet Fan for front installation in the cabinet if needed.

Last edited:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??

My current choice is

@ 4.7k
MSI 890GXM-G65
@ 7.8k
Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @2.4
NZXT Gamma
@ 2.1k
@ 3.7/4.5k
@1.9k
Intex 600 VA UPS
@dunno
Scythe 120mm Quiet Fan @dunno[/B]
Total = 23 something.
Good config. The mobo you selected is one with 2 pcie slots (16x/8x). Good for you.
Also I'l suggest you to get a nice powerful gcard to power your massive display.

OP
K

kumar_1099

My current choice is

@ 4.7k
MSI 890GXM-G65
@ 7.8k
Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @2.4
NZXT Gamma
@ 2.1k
@ 3.7/4.5k
@1.9k
Intex 600 VA UPS
@dunno
Scythe 120mm Quiet Fan @dunno[/B]
Total = 23 something.
Good config. The mobo you selected is one with 2 pcie slots (16x/8x). Good for you.
Also I'l suggest you to get a nice powerful gcard to power your massive display.

thanks for the suggestion

Cilus

laborare est orare
One configuration from my side

Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz @ 7.6k
Kingston 2 X 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 4.2k
MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5.8k
Seagate/WD 500 GB SATA II @ 1.7k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k
NXT Gama @ 2k

Total 25.1k. You can reduce the budget by going for 2 GB Ram (And you requires 2 GB now As you specified).

Here I've suggested a Phenom II based config. Phenom II 955 runs @ 3.2 GHz and has 6 MB L3 Cache and hence very good for gaming. It is also a Black Edition Processor so overclocking potential (if you change your mind in near future after seeing how easy overclocking is in BE processors) is very high. The main thing is it is coming within your budget.
You can reduce price by going for Phenom II X4 945 @ 3 GHz which is available within 7k in street.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
^^^I'd suggest either A635 or P955 overclocked to fart its as$, but not P945.
A635 performs good and is basically an phenom without L3 cache.
And P955 is a leashed monstor that'll pretty much bite the chunk of flesh off games when overclocked.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
but verify whether the mobos you suggested cilus and toad that they have Dolby DTS True HD output support. if not than get Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 5.5k..

@ toad
its not necessary to have powerful gfx card to power his display unless he will play like a hardcore gamer.

@ op i suggest to get APC 600va @ 3k. instead of intex. also look for a card like HD5670 in future when you get it.

Last edited:
OP
K

kumar_1099

which one is better Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H or MSI 880GMA-E45.Also which psu to go for vx 450 or vx 550 considering maybe i will upgrade to a better processor in future

pegasus

Journeyman
I suggest you try and get a decent gfx card now- say a 5670 1GB- that should take care of the little bit of gaming and will do very good HTPC duty too.
You can get a good ATX motherboard like the ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 for 5.5K-5.7K approx. (USB 3.0, SATA 6GBps, EPU for power saving, ...)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Together, it may cost you a bit more than whatever you are considering now but overall it will be much more potent and VFM imho and even later if you choose to upgrade the processor and/or gfx card.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i suggest the gigabyte one. also vx550w will be more futureproof allowing you to add any card in future..also phenom 945 or 955 will be better in gaming as cilus mentioned.

OP
K

kumar_1099

yesterday went to nehru place and bought :

MSI 880 GMA - E 45 @ 5.6 K ( GA-880GMA-UD2H was not available).

AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9 GHZ @4.5 K

kingston KVR 1333D3N9/2G-SP 2GB DDR3 VALUE RAM @ 1.6 k ( corsair 2 GB was N.A)

LG GH22NS50 DVD Writer @ 0.9 K cos my existing writer was not working for the past few days.(it is not mentioned in the above configuration).

all the above parts were brought from SMC international , nehru place.

but could not get nzxt gamma , corsair vx 450 w and wd cavier blue 500 gb 7200 rpm hard disk.they told me to get gamma online and wait for the hard disk and psu( new stock)

suggestion and advices are needed.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Congrats buddy for new components!!So jeaslous of u coz u r stayin in a place like Delhi where Kingston RAMs r so easily available!!:p..
Order gamma,VX450 n HDD online frm stores like itwares,techshop,mediahome,primeabgb..

OP
K

kumar_1099

Nzxt gamma will cost me around 2100 +650 ( 650 is shipping charges) if i buy it online from any online store . Cooler Master Elite 430 Black will also cost me the same around 2600 but it is available at nehru place .gamma is not available at nehru place .so i am confused which one to go for ..i am not able to take a decision.please help and advice about pros and cons.

pegasus

Journeyman
kumar- get the Elite 430. 2.6K is a decent price for the same.
Also, in your case, Gamma = Rs.2750/- (not VFM) + hassle/risk of shipping.

OP
K

kumar_1099

last saturday went to nehru place and brought coolermaster Elite 430 @ 2600 , corsair vx 550 @ 4800 , wd cavier black 500 GB 7200 rpm 32 mb cache @ 2800.this completes my configuration . I will assemble it myself (changed the plan as i want to learn how to assemble a pc.)will post pics of my pc later.I want to thank u to the members of digit who helped me a lot .

Top Bottom