Desktop For 3d modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani1751

Broken In
Hello,
I want to buy a new PC for 3d modelling, basically i want to run maya(including rendering and modelling) and photoshop. At the same time i also want to play HD movies, video editing (firewire is necessory) and play games like sims 3 smoothly. I am a multitasker too.

Now the most important thing, i have a bugdet of 32k(monitor not included)

Plz suggest me a good PC which can do the stuff mentioned, use AMD or intel or anything, but make it powerful.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i recommend this system-

processor-Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHz @ 6.9k
motherboard-MSI 785GM-E65 @ 4k
ram-Transcend 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.5k
hard disk-Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.4k
graphics card-MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.6k
cabinet-CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
psu-Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k
dvd writer-LG DVD-Writer 22xD @ 1.1k

total-32200

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
@OP, need to increase your budget, as you need a pro gfx card.

How much do i need to increase my budget?

@Jaskanwar Singh, can i somehow adjust it with core i5, or is AMD better?
I dont need optical drive as i already have one. and should i go for 1.3mhz ram or 1.6mhz ram?

and can u tell me how msi board(that u mentioned) is good,
I found Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P @4.2k

Last edited:

@Jaskanwar Singh, can i somehow adjust it with core i5, or is AMD better?
I dont need optical drive as i already have one. and should i go for 1.3mhz ram or 1.6mhz ram?

and can u tell me how msi board(that u mentioned) is good,

atleat another 8-10k, so that you can get basic pro card of 256-512mb.

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
Basically, i will first learn maya on it, and then i will start doing professional work.

Will it work fine with amd x4 and some 18k graphic card, i mean i dont want to ruin capability of my components.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You will not be able to game via a pro card, though you can render 3D professional on a gamer card, but not that well. So you will have to choose. i5 processor would be a good balance.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P is priced at 6.8k

a core i5 based system-

Core i5 i750 2.66GHz @ 9.9k
MSI P55 CD-53 @ 7.5k (without firewire)
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k
MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.6k
Cooler Master Centurion 690 @ 4.4k
Corsair VX550W @ 5.8k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.4k

total - 45400

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
I managed my budget upto 50k, but now monitor and ups are also included.
Can you suggest me about how much to spend on processor, shall i go for amd and spend the remaing in HD8k series? or shall i go for core i5 with hd5770?
which will be better for maya?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Processor: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 7.7k
Mobo: ECS A785GM-M @ 4.8k
Ram: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.5k
HDD: Seagate 1 TB @ 3.9k
DVD Writer: LG SATA @ 1.2k
Cabinet: Zebronics Reaper @ 2k
PSU: Gigabyte 550W @ 3.7k
Monitor: BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8k
GPU: Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k
Keyboard&Mouse: 0.5k (generic)

Total is coming as 50.1k + 4% vat

Now street price of some of the components mentioned above is actually less. So you may get everything within 51-42k

This machine will be well enough to deal with any kind of application you have mentioned. It can do your Encoding job and rendering and will run games like hell

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
^^
I love this config. One more thing, i dont want to bottleneck on ram, so if necessary, i can reduce my budget for HDD and go for 4 Gibs ram. Plz suggest.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Processor: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 7.7k
Mobo: ECS A785GM-M @ 4.8k
Ram: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.5k
HDD: Seagate 1 TB @ 3.9k
DVD Writer: LG SATA @ 1.2k
Cabinet: Zebronics Reaper @ 2k
PSU: Gigabyte 550W @ 3.7k
Monitor: BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8k
GPU: Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k
Keyboard&Mouse: 0.5k (generic)

Total is coming as 50.1k + 4% vat

Now street price of some of the components mentioned above is actually less. So you may get everything within 51-42k

This machine will be well enough to deal with any kind of application you have mentioned. It can do your Encoding job and rendering and will run games like hell

another excellent config from Cilus. again. but ram looks less. 4Gb wil be much better. also come on man, such good config, at least give a good cabby from reputed manufacturer. something like CM or NZXT.

& @ani1751, get a good mobo. try & get ECS one Cilus suggested. if unable find, get MSI 785GM E53. though cost 500 bucks more but its good. Full ATX.

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
one more thing, the config doesnt have a ups, I think my budget is ruined now..... It already touched 53k....

Cilus

laborare est orare
ani1751, UPS can be added later. While buying a new system, concentrate mainly on CPU, mobo and Gfx card, because they are the parts you are not going to upgrade frequently. Components like UPS, extra Ram can be added later. If you want a little price drop then go for Phenom II 925 @ 6.7k, but i won't recommend that as it is not a black Edition processor unlike Phenom II 955, which can be overclocked like hell.

Sam.Shab, thanks for your praise:smile::smile:. But really Zebby Reaper is not as bad as you think. In fact I am using it. It has a very good space inside it, proper airflow, transparent side, one 120 mm and 80 mm LED fan and one 80 mm fan on the top and provison for two more 120 mm fan. It has a front LCD panel with temperature display, HDD activity and Fan controls.
I'm using it with Phenom II 955 and HD 5770, both are overclocked, there is no problem till now.

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
I am not much into overclocking.

I am still confused in HD5770, HD5850 and upcomming gtx470........PC will not be used for extreme gaming, just 3d modelling and simulation games like sims 3. I was thinking about switching to hd5770, will it be enough for a maya learner, or shall i go for 5850? I dont want to waste my money if i cant even use the performance.

@cylus If i dont overclock, are 955 and 925 same?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
If u want the machine to concentrate on 3D rendering then take a Quodro FX card which helps in 3d Modelling and Rendering

Cilus

laborare est orare

I am still confused in HD5770, HD5850 and upcomming gtx470........PC will not be used for extreme gaming, just 3d modelling and simulation games like sims 3. I was thinking about switching to hd5770, will it be enough for a maya learner, or shall i go for 5850? I dont want to waste my money if i cant even use the performance.

For above average gaming but not extreme gaming HD 5770 will be more than enough. But HD 5850 will be a better future proof solution. And yes, 3D modeling, maya will run fluently on HD 5770.

If you don't have the overclocking need, then Phenom 925 is ok for you. but it is not same as Phenom II 955. 955 is clocked at 3.4 Ghz where as 925 is at 2.8 GHz. But for csual gaming it is ok.
But bro, why don't you wanna overclock. The Phenom BE processors are just made for overclocking. You can go upto 3.6 to 3.8 Ghz by using your default cooler, no extra cooling is required. And it will increase your performance in the applications you mentioned.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ani1751, UPS can be added later. While buying a new system, concentrate mainly on CPU, mobo and Gfx card, because they are the parts you are not going to upgrade frequently. Components like UPS, extra Ram can be added later. If you want a little price drop then go for Phenom II 925 @ 6.7k, but i won't recommend that as it is not a black Edition processor unlike Phenom II 955, which can be overclocked like hell.

Sam.Shab, thanks for your praise:smile::smile:. But really Zebby Reaper is not as bad as you think. In fact I am using it. It has a very good space inside it, proper airflow, transparent side, one 120 mm and 80 mm LED fan and one 80 mm fan on the top and provison for two more 120 mm fan. It has a front LCD panel with temperature display, HDD activity and Fan controls.
I'm using it with Phenom II 955 and HD 5770, both are overclocked, there is no problem till now.

+1. may add UPS later but once a wrong decision is made on cpu or motherboard or graphics card or even PSU, not easy to change. & mostly it costs lot.

seen many of your configs, even your config is very much balanced & its quite a bit futureproof. well i have to agree Zebronics Reaper is a very good looking & performing cabby, but many in this year many International brands have lunched sub 3k cabby that also very good. cabinets like NZXT Gamma, Antec Two Hundred, etc. in the end, it depends on OP what he wants.

trust me, GTX470 will not come cheap. if you want buy GTX4*0, wait till 2011. i not kidding. due to low productivity & being slight faster than HD5850, it'll surely ask for a good premium. think about GTX470 or maybe 480 only if you think CUDA hill help you. else HD5770 is enough...

955 is faster than 925. quite a bit. you mayn't OC now but do it in future when 3.2Ghz feels slow. & moreover price diff is ~1k only. get 955, worth it.

& in these BE processors all you need is a heatskink. average one. will cost something ~2k depending on your choice. & simply upp the multiplier. no worrying about value ram. performance rams or other factors.

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
If u want the machine to concentrate on 3D rendering then take a Quodro FX card which helps in 3d Modelling and Rendering

Now what is Quodro FX card? how much is it?

Can anyone explain what major advantages do i get with HD5850 over HD5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom