Desire hD @ 12.5 worth buying ?

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey guyz what do u think :

is hTC desire hD worth buying @ 12500 ??
is it a good buy
'coz it is only Android 2.3 & nt upgradable to Android 4.0
{but obviously it can be rooted & can be upgraded.}

& Considering there are loads of mobiles by karbonn & micromaxx in that range ?

Budget is around 11000

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Almost 3 years old. Skip it.

For that budget there‘s the Huwaei G300 which I think is a good phone for the price.

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
BUT its hTC

Just BRAND NAME SPEAKS
What would u suggest at that price range other then hTC ?

Huwaei has just 512 ram, with 5MPX.

any Other ?

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
i Saw this & know it.

i M totally confused about it.
Whether i should buy that or this hTC.

'coz i have used this hTC & its awesome.
Doesnt lag, does not slow, has great camera & good community support.

i Have heard reviews about previous Micromax Canvas & they are not good.

So really dont know what to do ?

Can u pls shed some light

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
micromax can give you you better features but not good support than htc so,if you want to use the phone for more than a year then surely go for htc.but if you want to try a high end phone then take micromax,wait for a week when a116 is reviewed then take the decession.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
BUT its hTC

Just BRAND NAME SPEAKS

what does brand name speak? if you stick a apple logo to a micromax mobile, will it last 3yrs? or will its performance shoot past the roof? and if you are so much worried about brand, how about a 4yr old iPhone 3GS?

What would u suggest at that price range other then hTC ?

Huwaei has just 512 ram, with 5MPX.

any Other ?

Unless you want to try custom rom, Huawei G600 hands down. It'll cost 14k but offers you same kind of hardware as HTC One S but without the premium looks.

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
what does brand name speak? if you stick a apple logo to a micromax mobile, will it last 3yrs? or will its performance shoot past the roof? and if you are so much worried about brand, how about a 4yr old iPhone 3GS?

Not exactly Brand Name.
But as it was 30k phone 1.5 years ago.
& now @ just 12.5k
So was thinking.
plus, it has good Community support.

Before this i thought of buying A116.
But few people told me that Canvas series phones are not good software wise.
So was skeptical

Unless you want to try custom rom, Huawei G600 hands down. It'll cost 14k but offers you same kind of hardware as HTC One S but without the premium looks.
That phone is available @ 15k
& that extends the budget.
& moreover @ lesser price m getting A116.

pratyush997

Inactive
+1 BTW @OP How about huawei G330 or huawei Honor?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Not exactly Brand Name.
But as it was 30k phone 1.5 years ago.
& now @ just 12.5k
So was thinking.
plus, it has good Community support.

thats the only +ve point about HD. It has got a great many followers. But hardware is giving up and won't be long before DEVs give up too.

Before this i thought of buying A116.
But few people told me that Canvas series phones are not good software wise.
So was skeptical

i don't think even with fantastic specs, many people will sell out 15k for a desi mobile. And when Xperia Z lands, Xperia S/SL will sell for ~20k and that will steal most of A116 buyers.

my point is simple, don't plan for A116. Wait for alternates or pricecuts on A116. I know the Indian mentality. 10k on a Micromax mobile is the extreme upper limit. 15k is way over the line even if it packs HD display and some quadcore processor.

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
thats the only +ve point about HD. It has got a great many followers. But hardware is giving up and won't be long before DEVs give up too.

i don't think even with fantastic specs, many people will sell out 15k for a desi mobile. And when Xperia Z lands, Xperia S/SL will sell for ~20k and that will steal most of A116 buyers.

my point is simple, don't plan for A116. Wait for alternates or pricecuts on A116. I know the Indian mentality. 10k on a Micromax mobile is the extreme upper limit. 15k is way over the line even if it packs HD display and some quadcore processor.

So what do u say ?
WHich one should i go for in this budget 11-12k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
usually i don't suggest this but better wait if you want best of both worlds (better hardware + community support). Upto 12k, only Huawei & Lenovo will offer you some decent spec but both lack DEV support. Wait for this

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
and needless to say how hard it is to root a HTC phone. AFAIK a customer has to sign some bond when he buys a HTC phone that he won't try to unlock the bootloader
But as it was 30k phone 1.52.5 years ago.
Corrected :)

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
usually i don't suggest this but better wait if you want best of both worlds (better hardware + community support). Upto 12k, only Huawei & Lenovo will offer you some decent spec but both lack DEV support. Wait for this

i Dont care about Dev support, 'coz this is for my uncle.
Who just wants good features at lower price.
Previously he had karbonn A18.
it was an amazing fone, but it is lost :(

As with hTC, it was an added advantage.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
micromax gives better service than huawei in india.my personal opinion.

Lol what?

Looks good any Idea when will it come out in India?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Huawei has great dev support.. but Lenovo and Micromax have nonexistent dev support..
Those custom roms that you see in xda and androidforums for MMX arent exactly custom roms.. they are usually made by some noob "wannabe" developer with slight modifications to the build.prop file and a change in theme to make it seem like the guy has made the rom from scratch.. and the people there even fail to notice that

But I will have to agree MMX service is somewhat better than Huawei cuz in my place, there isnt any Huawei service center.. Just my case tho

Top Bottom