Dell UltraSharp U2311H or Samsung PX2370

• Dell UltraSharp U2311H

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Samsung PX2370

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Aj12

Broken In
Requirements - 1920×1080, Full-HD, 24" (gaming, movies )
Budget - 15k-16k

So which one will it be???

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
i would use the monitor for Gaming & Watching Movies, mostly for watching movies..

Sarath

iDota
Get an IPS panel. I got the Dell U2311H for 14323/- just a week back. Umm I havent compared it with a TN panel since I am forever stuck to it but I guess I can see slight improvements in colour and contrast.

As for gaming I have already finished COD Black Ops on this. Found no ghosting or other problems. Also playing Crysis2 with no probs.

Cons I found: No HDMI not a major prob. Also looks at little boring. I am sure the samsung screen above will blow it away in looks but the screen is where my priority lies.

2ms 5ms 8ms all these numbers only make sense if you can really differentiate them so check out.

My vote for the Dell e-IPS panel. No idea about others. Check out reviews online. I did that and after 20+ hours of reading I decided on this one.

Good luck mate

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
My vote also goes to U2311H IPS panel is so good.

I mainly play FPS games only and there is no ghosting at all.

_

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Dell Ultrasharp - played NFS shift and other racing games. Not noticeable ghosting, brilliant colors.

mitraark

Decrepit
Buy the PX2370 . You will like how good it looks. Maybe there are people in other forums saying there are issues with the Samsung , but i think you't notice what those are if you don;t read about them.

Sarath

iDota
for movies ips beats tn hollow. just check them both out. if you can afford an ips one go for it. you dont want to regret later that you ditched a superior panel.

Movies: definitely ips

Games: depends on your preference ips for better colour reproduction or tn for less lag and faster response times. I cant tell the difference in lag though.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
keep in mind that the monitor is not just for gaming as i watch a lot of movies...

I like to watch movies reclining back on my cozy bed and the viewing angles are superb for IPS panel. Do some research about the color gamut reproduction. Ideal monitor for artist and alike.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@OP- In that budget there are some great monitors from Asus also. Forgot the models, please google...:)

sanithkk81

Broken In
Dell UltraSharp U2311H FTW because of IPS panel which is a must for a movie buff. You can also consider Asus PA246Q which has got a better response time (Dell 8ms Asus 6ms :p )

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Dell UltraSharp U2311H FTW because of IPS panel which is a must for a movie buff. You can also consider Asus PA246Q which has got a better response time (Dell 8ms Asus 6ms :p )

seriously only rajnikanth can notice that 2ms difference. :blackeye:

to the OP: close your eyes, get the dell u2311h

_

Sarath

iDota
OP you should have kept a poll if you have already decided to choose between the dell and samsung one.

Sarath

iDota
Also make sure people are voting for monitors they own or atleast have used or seen with friends. Like in my case im staring at a dell u2311h right now.
I am not even a movie buff and that was the reason for my confusion a week back.
But since you are saying you would use more for movies than gaming I think an IPS serves you well.
Please go through user forums.

Good luck with your purchase. This is my 3rd post and I will stop now. Post pics of your purchase when you do. Also when are you planning to buy this?

Top Bottom