Dell Studio 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
got aero to run....:D....by the way how are the belkin bags coming with the dell laptops? Should I get one or purchase one from the market?

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
2 things that I absolutely hate about this laptop is:
  1. No Eject button for DVD drive *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/mad44.gif
  2. No indication L.E.Ds
I hate the second thing more as the keyboard's layout and from BIOS's default, it gives preference to Multimedia keys first so if u want to do Alt+F4, it wud b Alt+Fn+F4 *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/mad44.gif Moreover due to no indication LED, one can't really know if WiFi is still running or not thus draining away battery when running on Battery.
The other thing that I also hate is that the Creative X-Fi drivers which I didn't bought, are given on the system DVD but when try to install they just don't! *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/mad44.gif

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
  2. No indication L.E.Ds
I hate the second thing more as the keyboard's layout and from BIOS's default, it gives preference to Multimedia keys first so if u want to do Alt+F4, it wud b Alt+Fn+F4 *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/mad44.gif Moreover due to no indication LED, one can't really know if WiFi is still running or not thus draining away battery when running on Battery.
The other thing that I also hate is that the Creative X-Fi drivers which I didn't bought, are given on the system DVD but when try to install they just don't! *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/mad44.gif

mnn
ive toticed it on Studio and some Inspirons..
No such roblem in XPS. just alt+f4 will work.

bte did u get a s/l no. for the X-fi[on the DVD cover]? if then, u can install and activate it online.

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
For installing xp,
go to bios , change hdd type to ide....
install xp using any net tutorial...
now in device manager change primary ide drivers to the one given on dell site (SATA)
now while restarting change drive back ahec or whatever that was (means SATA)

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
  2. No indication L.E.Ds

The eject button is given dude... look right to the F12 key... ;-);-);-)

if you dont want to use multimedia keys first then go to Bios and change the settings...

U didn't pay for the software dude... so thats fair...!!! :grin::grin::grin:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
yup ...seems like someone has removed them.....anyway it did not take me too long to find them last time ....and considering that by now the laptop is popular in the market it should take even less time.....:D

if you do come across the drivers for XP pls post the link....

BY the way are the bags that come with dell worth it or should I skip them and buy some bag from the market...???

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
yup ...seems like someone has removed them.....anyway it did not take me too long to find them last time ....and considering that by now the laptop is popular in the market it should take even less time.....:D

if you do come across the drivers for XP pls post the link....

BY the way are the bags that come with dell worth it or should I skip them and buy some bag from the market...???

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
if u are willing to spend 2.5 bucks then go ahead, u wont be disappointed...

i got one at 900 bucks... nearly the same.. bbut not EXACTLY the same...
haven't checked the prices from VIP etc...

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
i think its waste buying it from dell ... u can get almost same bags in any good place .. do looks for school type bag in which u have a separate laptop compartment as carrying a 3 kg laptop is tough

a55a55in

Broken In
XP drivers for 1555 can be found here
*www.getpcmemory.com/drivers/download-dell-studio-1555-notebook-windows-xp-drivers/

Also this guy has posted some good snaps of the lappy
*deepakev.blog.com/

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
just found this...if you have any friends in TCS then you can get a pretty good laptop bag for around 1200 bucks ...The bag is sold at the offices ...

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Its is also going all OK more I can't say as its with my sister who's in NZ now and since she's not complaining about it over the Skype, I think its working just fine. ;)

utsav

damn busy...
According to ur first post the 9 cell battery runs almost 10hours! :shock: how is this possible ? :eek:

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
After a dual boot (Vista and XP), do we always need to keep alternating b/w AHCI and IDE for SATA host controlling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom