Dell software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i bought a dell inspiron 1501 with windows xp home
i am installing xp pro on it
so from where can i get the free software which came pre installed on the laptop?

Last edited:

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Ganeshkumar said:
U wuld have got Dell Application software CD with Laptop!
If he requested it, they been doing that system recovery partion for a while, so no need to ship customers disks when there is an image of a 'working' os there with all the software and drivers.
oh and no prob dude

Sourabh

Laptoping
I also got the Drivers & Utilities CD with my n-series Inspiron 640m which comes pre-installed with DOS.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
well I know in NA there was a time beggining novemeber of 2005 where they were not shipping those disk...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
even if they haf the recovery partition (which is the fastest way to recover) they shud include the CDs. what if some novice messes up wid the recovery partition? the service engg. has to come and do the recovery. instead if they'd included CDs and provide a recovery sheet jus stating that the customer put in the recovery cd and reboot and wid minimal Questions asked if he's able to restore to factory default settings then dell will save a lot of money spent in solving problems like these.

companies should look into matters like these. these small droplets will save them huge buckets of water!!! afterall how much do the CDs cost? only the mastering costs... that too they master the cds/dvds in bulk. i think its foolishness on the part of the company if they do not provide CDs. it will only add to their costs at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom