Dell SE198WFP or UltraSharp 1908WFP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
dell's monitor are best out there...but as far as i know

dell SE198WFP -9700/-
ultrasharp 1908WFP-12800/-

but personally @12~13k i would like to buy a 22" LCD monitor from viewsonic/samsung/AOC..as they are much better option if u are spending 12k.

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
No..i mean which model to choose from. According to site UltraSharp 1980WFP is HD monitor and SE198WFP is not. Does HD makes any difference??

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
both monitors arent full HD capable. .their native res is 1440x900 . the advantage of 1908 i see is that it has height adjustability , some extra usb ports etc .. height adjustability is particularly important if u want to see movies sleeping on a couch.search for some reviews for more info.

imgame2

Padawan
agree with sagargv and desibond....

go for dell SE198WTP its good moniter with DVI port.

and regarding writing it as HD is marketing strategy nothing more ...HD requires 1920x1080 ...which comes only with a 24" monitor.so both are almost the same monitor with ultrasharp 1908WFP has USB ports and height adjust ability etc ...which i don't think is worth for 3k more ....

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Thanks guys for your replies. I have checked Dell's site....according to it US 1908WFP has HD.
Plz chk it:
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/monitor_1908wfp?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

I want to ask appart from site it's still a marketing gimmick or it is true HD??

acewin

Point Blanc
parimal check the Indian site it will also show you same info.Dell India Link

Its clearly written High Definition (HD) – Everything looks better in HD.
Mate Even 32 inch LCD TVs which are said to be HD capable are not Full HD LCDs, u can have full HD LCD monitors only with 24 inch
HD has two res prints 720p and 1080p.
So you are right that you can watch HD movies on the Dell 19 inch monitor or say any of the 19 inch monitors but that would be 720p HD not exactly Full HD

Full HD means 1080p which would be a resolution of 24 inch Dell, do not get confused by the words.
Also for HD capable monitors they write High Definition Content Protection (HDCP). Both the monitors are HDCP models

The Dell Ultrasharp model does not even has HDMI port. the only plus is height adjustability

Last edited:

dtox

The Techno Perv
thnx guys.. even i had the same issue as posted in this thread.. i wil be going for 22' viewsonic though for 13k.. is it a good choice?? its got 1000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time which is wat i need coz i am a gamer..

@parimal:
sorry mate.. i didnt mean to hijack ur thread.. i just didnt want to clutter up the forum by starting another thread with the same query.. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
thnx guys.. even i had the same issue as posted in this thread.. i wil be going for 22' viewsonic though for 13k.. is it a good choice?? its got 1000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time which is wat i need coz i am a gamer..

@parimal:
sorry mate.. i didnt mean to hijack ur thread.. i just didnt want to clutter up the forum by starting another thread with the same query.. :)

DELL

acewin

Point Blanc
good choice dtox, but which monitor r u talking about Dell or Viewsonic one.
There are less monitors with 2ms response.

dtox

The Techno Perv
^^its viewsonic..

*ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=340

my dealer is giving it to me for 13k.. AFAIK this is the only 22' model with 2ms response time..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would pick Dell/Samsung/HP over Viewsonic. It may have a 2ms response time but I am pretty sure that it will be beated back and forth by the top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom