Dell laptop from USA?? OR some othe brand...

andro

Broken In
As the title topic suggested I wanted to know about the warranty policy of Dell,do they honor warranty in India?If not will they at least service it with charges??
Basically I am concerned if something went wrong in HW will I be able to get it repaired.
Please suggest some inputs and experienced people could throw some light on the issue.
Also if dell does not satisfy the above criteria what other brands should I look up to??
TIA.

aroraanant

Explorer
Sometimes Dell gives international warranty but right now they are not offering International warranty, but you contact Dell US and can ask them if they can offer you that.
You can also have a look at Sony Vaio Laptops.
Or can tell us your requirements and we will suggest you accordingly.

OP
andro

andro

Broken In
Sometimes Dell gives international warranty but right now they are not offering International warranty, but you contact Dell US and can ask them if they can offer you that.
You can also have a look at Sony Vaio Laptops.
Or can tell us your requirements and we will suggest you accordingly.
Thanks for the reply.Ya even ultimately I would do as you suggested but was thinking if someone would have a first hand experience on this.
Had a very terrible experience with a Sony laptop in the last year so trying to avoid it.:-x
Actually I was thinking of going for this model from Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron i17RN-6470BK 17-Inch Laptop (Diamond Black): Computers & Accessories.
I am not at all into gaming and carrying is not a problem since I am built of a large frame:p .Basically the specs are good for the price,as it looks to me,but you guys can suggest better as I am more of a cellphone person than computers.
Get thinkpad x220.
Nice suggestion but not eying for ultra-books.Thanks.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you wish to buy a dell laptop only then get XPS only(I m not mentioning here any Precision or Latitude series laptops)
Don't go for inspirson.Even Sony Vaio E series is much better than that.
I don't know what experience you had with your laptop and even won't discuss about it but would like to tell you that anyone can have bad experience even with the best laptops as these are electronic gadgets and anything can happen anytime.
In Sony you can have a look at sony C sereis

Top Bottom