Dell INspiron 17R S.E.

Broken In
Got my Inspiron 17R S.E. today!!! Will post benchmark results soon.. :)

Reviews found here.... Dell 17r N7720 SE - user review

Anirban Dev

Broken In
Boy do I have a bunch of questions for you. Please game for hours on hours and let me know if there is any kind of throttling. Been meaning to get this one for a long time, but not before hearing user reviews.

OP

Broken In

I got the i5 version for 73k with 3yrs complete cover. Got 4% corporate discount from Dell :razz:

Boy do I have a bunch of questions for you. Please game for hours on hours and let me know if there is any kind of throttling. Been meaning to get this one for a long time, but not before hearing user reviews.

Will have the benchmarks by Monday.. sorry got held up @ work

Ankit Omar

Broken In
I have used Dell Ispiron 15 in the past and I think sound quality is the major issue concerned with all the Dell laptops available today.

OP

Broken In
Finally!!!

Have been playing Max Payne for a while... Played for only about 30 to 45 mins... with settings in almost max.... No stuttering... No throttling... Max temp ..62C.
Will post benchmarks soon
:)

cool!!Post some in-game benchmarks

Which games have ingame benchmarks???

I dont hane GTA 4...

ratul

█████████████████
yeah, do post, but not here, 17r thread is HERE..

ujjwal007

Lost in games
damn waiting for this from a long dude post benchmarks all want to see and show pics for mp3 too settings , temps , that would be great!! :D @rider now someone owns the 17r se too LOL

rider

as Kratos
damn waiting for this from a long dude post benchmarks all want to see and show pics for mp3 too settings , temps , that would be great!! :D @rider now someone owns the 17r se too LOL

what LOL, its is good laptop if you have muscles to carry 3.4kg object.

rider

as Kratos
LOL for a man 1 kg is nthg :D

You will only get this when you have to suffer. Specially for a man who keep that much weight on his laps, you know what I mean :mrgreen:

These three and half kg 17" laptop are for people who never carry laptop with themselves and not use as on the top of their laps. This is why this category called desktop replacement, it is for those who dont want space occupied by a desktop but want to use more as stationary PC.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
You will only get this when you have to suffer. Specially for a man who keep that much weight on his laps, you know what I mean :mrgreen:

These three and half kg 17" laptop are for people who never carry laptop with themselves and not use as on the top of their laps. This is why this category called desktop replacement, it is for those who dont want space occupied by a desktop but want to use more as stationary PC.
yeah in a way your right! this lappy suites to those who dont plan of taking it with them and carry around but overall it is a good buy i guess

OP

Broken In
is there any throttling????

As far as I could see.. No throttling... Have played Max Payne but for only around 45 minutes ans also NFS Run.
*Can run NFS run maxed out with no issues.
*Max Payne 3... 45 to 60 fps with DX10 and FXAA medium,texture Normal . 15 to 25 fps...... Maxed out with DX 11
*Crysis 2 ... around 25 to 30fps... maxed out

Have never seen GPU reach 70 C :)

rider

as Kratos
play max payne 3 in directx11 and put everything on high, on, 2x. You will get good fps to enjoy in directx11.

And yea nowadays GPUs are cooler than CPUs.

OP

Broken In
play max payne 3 in directx11 and put everything on high, on, 2x. You will get good fps to enjoy in directx11.

And yea nowadays GPUs are cooler than CPUs.

Your info was great. Am playing Max Payne @ DX 11 .Thnx !!

Top Bottom